• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

My garage transformation for the Emira

Super cool transformation! Always love a cool garage.

any chance of getting a banner ? I pay shipping

Message me and I'll send you the digital file I created. You can then use a printer service to have it printed and sent to you. I used Shutterfly, but there are many others out there too (Staples, Vistaprint, etc.).

261cm from the front to the rear door shut line - I measured at one of the dealer launch events last year

OK, but how long is the actual door? The front hinged line to the rear door shut line is what I need to measure to estimate ingress/egress room.

Scissor door mod. Always cool 😎

Funny you say that.. I was recently measuring to see if I could fit a 570S in there and still open the door. I only had about an inch on either side (with both doors open), but then you have to consider how low your garage door track sits too! 🙃

Just saw this older thread and wanted to congratulate you on the garage work. Looks great and quite the transformation. Now you just need the car to get here!

Now you just need the car to get here!

Haha tell me about it! I've been doing GTI projects to keep me distracted.

20230321_151239.jpg

20230317_125915.jpg

Just saw this older thread and wanted to congratulate you on the garage work. Looks great and quite the transformation. Now you just need the car to get here!
If you build it, it will come.
(Or something to that effect).
This jealousy isn't sitting well on me.

Better not cancel the order now, VLX3 !!! You are all in 👍🏻

Better not cancel the order now, VLX3 !!! You are all in 👍🏻

Makes me sad knowing this thread was created last May.. Nearly 1 year ago, thinking I'd have my Emira last summer sometime. Now it's scheduled for this winter... Which by Lotus talk means Spring 2024. 😔

Makes me sad knowing this thread was created last May.. Nearly 1 year ago, thinking I'd have my Emira last summer sometime. Now it's scheduled for this winter... Which by Lotus talk means Spring 2024. 😔
Sobering indeed. What is the latest delivery estimate for you ?

Sobering indeed. What is the latest delivery estimate for you ?

Well nothing has been officially communicated, so technically the last official update from Lotus still says March-April of this year. 😂 But from what I've gathered here and from Gator's post, it seems US production starts in May, cars delivered in October, but Lotus dropped the ball and failed to apply for the certification in time, so now the cars are to sit at the port until certification is complete sometime between Oct-Dec. I assume there will be issues and further delays pushing those first US deliveries to Spring 2024. 😔

Well nothing has been officially communicated, so technically the last official update from Lotus still says March-April of this year. 😂 But from what I've gathered here and from Gator's post, it seems US production starts in May, cars delivered in October, but Lotus dropped the ball and failed to apply for the certification in time, so now the cars are to sit at the port until certification is complete sometime between Oct-Dec. I assume there will be issues and further delays pushing those first US deliveries to Spring 2024. 😔
I’d like to say unbelievable….