My launch control doesn't work

Davidcv

Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I've had a European i4 (366 hp/269 kW) for a month and it has 2000 km on the clock. When I wash the car with pressure water, the headlights fog up on the inside. I've tried to do a launch control and the green light doesn't appear as shown in the image. Has anyone else had the same problem?
Thanks!!
Launch Control i4.png

The steering wheel has to be fully straight ahead, the brake needs to be pressed quite firmly and engine has to be fully warmed up. However, it doesn’t always work on my I4, but does most of the time. The conditions to enter LC are listed in the online manual.

The LC does work pretty well.

Here’s the section from the manual. The straight ahead steering wheel caught me out, I thought it wasn’t working. Even just slightly off of straight ahead and Launch will not activate.

Attachments

• IMG_8645.jpeg
    IMG_8645.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 15
Thanks to everyone, but this morning I tried it again without success.
1-Engine temperature at 89 ºC
2-Sport mode and also in Track mode
3-In automatic mode
4-Straight steering wheel (I have also tried moving the steering wheel in fractions of approximately 5º to the left and to the right)
5-Brake pressed very hard6-accelerate to the max (RPM goes up to approximately 2000)

And the green icon does not appear!!

I will contact the distributor in Spain to see what they say.

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I've had a European i4 (366 hp/269 kW) for a month and it has 2000 km on the clock. When I wash the car with pressure water, the headlights fog up on the inside. I've tried to do a launch control and the green light doesn't appear as shown in the image. Has anyone else had the same problem?
Thanks!!View attachment 53852
Regarding the headlamps fogging up on the inside the handbook recommends that you wash the car by hand only.
It then goes on to say to wash the underside you can use a pressure washer
but do not use on the bodywork, headlights or around protective gaiters used on suspension, brake or powertrain components.

El volante tiene que estar completamente recto, el freno necesita ser presionado con bastante firmeza y el motor tiene que ser completamente calentado. Sin embargo, no siempre funciona en mi I4, pero lo hace la mayor parte del tiempo. Las condiciones para ingresar a LC se enumeran en el manual en línea.

El LC funciona bastante bien.

En cuanto a los faros que se empañan en el interior, el manual recomienda que lave el automóvil solo a mano.
Luego continúa diciendo que para lavar la parte inferior puede usar una lavadora a presión.
pero no lo use en la carrocería,Los Faro o alrededor de las polainas protectoras utilizadas en los componentes de la suspensión, el freno o el tren motriz.en Aht

En cuanto a los faros que se empañan en el interior, el manual recomienda que lave el automóvil solo a mano.
Luego continúa diciendo que para lavar la parte inferior puede usar una lavadora a presión.
pero no lo use en la carrocería, los faros o alrededor de las polainas protectoras utilizadas en los componentes de la suspensión, el freno o el tren motriz.AEl

Regarding the headlamps fogging up on the inside the handbook recommends that you wash the car by hand only.
It then goes on to say to wash the underside you can use a pressure washer
but do not use on the bodywork, headlights or around protective gaiters used on suspension, brake or powertrain components.
Ok, thaks

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back