• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

My next car after the Emira

Love my Emira no issues,but after 18mths thought I'd like a change.Looking at a new 2024 Morgan Plus 6
Big mistake or not ???
My former boss loved Morgans and had a few. I think it's good they're using the B58 engine now, but they're saddled with a traditional torque converter automatic...Which sounds decidedly un-Morgan to my ears.

Still, it's gorgeous in a retro way, hand-crafted and coachbuilt, raw, and visceral. There's a lot to like. The ash frame thing definitely has appeal. Personally, if I was going to move away from the Emira, I would go either more grand touring or go the opposite direction and get a Caterham. I'm not sure what itch a Morgan would scratch for longer than an Emira. But that's why they make many different cars, right?

Morgan is quite a different direction than the Emira. I don't think anyone can tell you what to do, it's what makes you happy ultimately. Have you driven one? I'd jump on the Morgan forums and read more about it. There's some pretty great reviews on it on youtube.

I always thought my next car after the Emira would be some sort of Porsche, maybe a GT3. But honestly, I'm starting to think that 720S is calling my name. I also like the idea of keeping it British. Which the Morgan also does!

Interestingly evo magazine in the UK recently did a road test comparison of the i4 Emira against the Morgan Plus Four, which I've summarised from an Emira perspective here. To me the Emira came out better than it has in some other reviews from evo, but of the two the reviewers preferred the Morgan.

Lotus%20Emira%20v%20Morgan%20Plus%20Four%20-9.jpg

Interestingly evo magazine in the UK recently did a road test comparison of the i4 Emira against the Morgan Plus Four, which I've summarised from an Emira perspective here. To me the Emira came out better than it has in some other reviews from evo, but of the two the reviewers preferred the Morgan.

Lotus%20Emira%20v%20Morgan%20Plus%20Four%20-9.jpg
Thankyou for that,very interesting...drove the Emira today and still much in love,just feel like a change 90%keep 10%change...sleepless nights.

I've solved my problem,just traded the Emira on a 2024 Jaguar f-type coupe V8
When I was test driving cars before buying the Emira that was my number 2 choice to (Rsupercharged 550 I think), with the Caman GTS number 3. Jag was really good, certainly more powerful and the best sounding out of the 3 test cars. I drove the V8 in the wet and having come from a RS3 felt it wasn’t good enough for the roads near me. To be honest I might have felt better if I’d owned and got used to the Emira first. Having compared the running costs with a couple of owners the Jag can certainly test your wallet but that all depends on how much you drive it.

Not sure if I want to change just yet but I would like to test drive a Ultima Evo next. I like the RS best due to the lights but they are about £130k for a mint one and that’s nearly Ferrari 488 price.

When I was test driving cars before buying the Emira that was my number 2 choice to (Rsupercharged 550 I think), with the Caman GTS number 3. Jag was really good, certainly more powerful and the best sounding out of the 3 test cars. I drove the V8 in the wet and having come from a RS3 felt it wasn’t good enough for the roads near me. To be honest I might have felt better if I’d owned and got used to the Emira first. Having compared the running costs with a couple of owners the Jag can certainly test your wallet but that all depends on how much you drive it.
I lost $40k NZD (£20k) on the Emira with 5000ks,but as no one is buying at the moment I think I got out rather lightly as I can see them dropping quite a bit more in the future.

I'm having too much fun to think about parting ways with my Emira...but if I was to move onto something else sporty, save money, and sacrifice storage space, I'd consider "down grading" to a 2024 Mazda Miata MX-5 RF GT (retractible hard top) with a manual transmission, with its improved (for Miata) limited slip differential. It would be tempting to go for the 90 lb lighter soft top convertible, but I'd want all the safety features and some of the other bells and whistles the RF offers. Despite knowing how light and fun to drive Miata's are, I've never driven one but I've thought about one for many years. That said, if I was to test drive one, I may be better convinced to NEVER part with my Emira, despite the attraction of the Miata's open top...

I'm having too much fun to think about parting ways with my Emira...but if I was to move onto something else sporty, save money, and sacrifice storage space, I'd consider "down grading" to a 2024 Mazda Miata MX-5 RF GT (retractible hard top) with a manual transmission, with its improved (for Miata) limited slip differential. It would be tempting to go for the 90 lb lighter soft top convertible, but I'd want all the safety features and some of the other bells and whistles the RF offers. Despite knowing how light and fun to drive Miata's are, I've never driven one but I've thought about one for many years. That said, if I was to test drive one, I may be better convinced to NEVER part with my Emira, despite the attraction of the Miata's open top...
I have a 21 Miata RF Club as my dual duty daily and weekend track toy. The Miata and Emira compliment each other very well; they both make you smile uncontrollably.

Attachments

• IMG_5453.jpeg
    IMG_5453.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 31
Very pertinent subject given the situation I’m in.

Porsche 911/718 are too anonymous for me and don’t feel special. I’m looking very closely at a AM Vantage F1