• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New Hope Car Show | Sunday 8/11/24 in New Hope, PA

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be attending the New Hope Auto Show this Sunday. It's an all day event and the weather looks fantastic! Let me know if anyone else is in the area and plans to attend.

Jeff G was just talking about going up there on Sunday.
I'm a maybe. Not crazy about car shows....I'd rather get out and drive.

I have to say I agree with @LuckysDad on there car shows. I’d be up to trying to meet up somewhere in the area to see some fellow Lotus owners and their cars if the timing works out.

Jeff G was just talking about going up there on Sunday.
I'm a maybe. Not crazy about car shows....I'd rather get out and drive.

Same here, but the weather is gonna be great and New Hope is a nice town... and I have nothing else going on Sunday, so here's to seeing some cool cars and meeting new people. 😎

I'm also in the early stages of planning a local Lotus meet up with a valley cruise through the twisties and ending at a local restaurant and brewery. Hoping to do that in September or October. I'll post details in this sub forum and on my Insta for those interested.

It'd also be fun to get some local guys together for a NJMP track day... 🏁

Valley cruise sounds awesome. I was also looking at NJMP. Looks like an awesome experience, though I think you need to do the novice session your first time there. Have you ever dealt with track day insurance? Was looking at that and trying to figure it all out.

Same here, but the weather is gonna be great and New Hope is a nice town... and I have nothing else going on Sunday, so here's to seeing some cool cars and meeting new people. 😎
Just a heads up the show is not actually in the walking area of New Hope with shops and restaurants.

It's in the parking lot of a school. There is literally nothing else around and nothing to do while you're in the show.

Peddler's Village is 10 minutes down the road. It’s a decent area and even nicer when the weather is good.

Valley cruise sounds awesome. I was also looking at NJMP. Looks like an awesome experience, though I think you need to do the novice session your first time there. Have you ever dealt with track day insurance? Was looking at that and trying to figure it all out.

Depends who's hosting the events. I've been for Skip Barber HPDE days and PCA events. I know Moe HPDE and maybe Chin are hosting events recently. There are two tracks.. Thunderbolt and Lightning. I prefer Thunderbolt since it's more technical, though Lightning has a nice sweeping banked turn. I've yet to get my Evora on track there, but have taken my GTI a bunch of times. It's a blast and only 40 minutes from me. And I've never gotten track insurance.. Though damaging a limited production Lotus is a bit scarier than going off track in a mass produced $30k GTI. 😂

Just a heads up the show is not actually in the walking area of New Hope with shops and restaurants.

It's in the parking lot of a school. There is literally nothing else around and nothing to do while you're in the show.

Hm.. Peddler's Village is a bit of a hike, but it looks like the river and quite a few resturants are only a ~10 minute walk from the show.

1000026275.jpg

I'd love to meet you guys but I have prep/packing to do - one more vacation before kids' school starts. Heading to local cars and coffee in Northern MD tomorrow, but I'm down for the next one.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back