• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New Lotus Owner - Letter Change in Rear

LuckyDog125

Reaction score
Hello: Brand new and first time Lotus owner here - actually taking delivery tomorrow on this beauty. I know many threads on this, but I can find specific detail as how to remove the silver Lotus letters on the back. I ordered the black replacements from Gregs and it sounds like that comes with some easy install instructions, but dont want to mess this up. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Lotus.jpg

heat gun to soften up the adhesive and then either a plastic pry tool to slowly go under or fishing line. Be careful with fishing line as you can scratch the paint if you go too fast or too hard

Have a plan to line them back up perfectly. I’m no pro but marking original positions with masking tape is a start. Some pros have different tools and techniques.

Btw the lotus lettering is curved across the bumper not a straight line. Stare at it a bit before you remove the letters and you’ll see it.

Dental floss can also be good at removing the lettering as its waxed so doesn't damage the paint as much as fishing line.

I've seen my local BMW dealer use dental floss as well, took seconds to get the letters off.

Back