• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

📓 Journals New UK customer delivery - Dark Verdant

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
Fantastic!! That is what is it ALL about. Emotion.
So nice to hear somebody truly enthused with this excellent car rather than trying to bash it!

Congrats.

Have you put petrol in it at night? Will look good in those lights!
Ha, took it to a petrol station to show my mate in some light.
It did look mad on the forecourt!!

I mean the free keyring, or the little lotus car.... dealer gifts ?
Yes, you look delighted, thats great. I dont get that emotional anymore and Im only 23... no...not really.
Question, I guess headlights stay on for a while when you stop the car.....
I'll send you some dog food from my pair, they could do with a crash diet for xmas... :)
Cheers, appreciate it. My dog will too!

The car was running while that pic was taken.

I don't get emotional really, it took me by surprise in a big way!!! I haven't stopped smiling!!

Cheers, appreciate it. My dog will too!

The car was running while that pic was taken.

I don't get emotional really, it took me by surprise in a big way!!! I haven't stopped smiling!!
And then this arrived in the post.

Attachments

• 20221209_145343.jpg
    20221209_145343.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 220
Hi all! WOW, what a day!
I collected this absolute dream machine today from the best Lotus dealership, Bell and Colvill!
I collected around 5-5.30PM today.
I spent around 45 mins there, most was just wandering around the car trying to calm myself down. I will be honest, I welled up big time!
Jamie, Antonia, Maxine, and Andy were there and made it all so super special. THANK YOU ALL!!
After connecting my phone, and retuning the radio (Lotus managed to tune a station I don't listen to), I was straight up to see the guy who strong armed me into putting the deposit back in early July 21. THANK YOU JUSTIN!!! He's 80 miles away, so enjoyable, apart from the two gritters heading towards me! Worrying! My nice new paint!!
Anyway, after visting him I set off again to see my parents (yes, some us are young enough to still have them ;) ). They're another 30 miles away. Going back roads to try and give the engine and gearbox a range while running in!
The car is an absolute delight to drive, so much more solid than my old Evora - don't get me wrong, I love my Evora, but compared, it's a rattly race car (again, I love that). This is just different gear!
So, now back at home after another 110 miles and I am just blown away. I never thought I'd ever own a brand new sports car, let alone one so stunning looking! I just can't wait to get it run in, and book that first track day!

I will report back on the specifics of the ride, quality, etc etc etc, just as soon as I've come down from all this! Could be a while!

Thank you all at Bell and Colvill for everything you've done for me!

Good night all.

To be continued..............

Congratulations! Now you got me welled up! So happy for you! Hopeful my day will come and I can show my parents...

Bloody hell.
My wife just told me about the delivery of this. It's a wonder I actually received it!
The DHL guy was banging down the door, my wife answered, he says 'COLE??'.
She says 'yes'
He says 'Good, there's no house number on this package. It's from Lotus. You have a Lotus on the drive. Must be for you!'

So, I reckon he was annoyed after going up and down the road looking for a non-existent address.
Luckily for me my old Evora was frosting it's nuts off outside the house.

This might be the reason some people aren't getting these key boxes.

Bloody hell.
My wife just told me about the delivery of this. It's a wonder I actually received it!
The DHL guy was banging down the door, my wife answered, he says 'COLE??'.
She says 'yes'
He says 'Good, there's no house number on this package. It's from Lotus. You have a Lotus on the drive. Must be for you!'

So, I reckon he was annoyed after going up and down the road looking for a non-existent address.
Luckily for me my old Evora was frosting it's nuts off outside the house.

This might be the reason some people aren't getting these key boxes.
could it also be a reason we dont get our cars? haha...
it does tend to continue to paint the big picture we have seen for over a year... :(

I now have another 'first world problem'

Sadly, I don't have room for a garage, so my son in law built me a carport. I know it's kinda 70's, but that's all I have space for.
Anyway, I have to reverse in, otherwise I can't open the drivers door as it'd be next to the wall. Before I received the Emira, I was parking my Evora there. The Evora has a reversing light about as powerful as the light on my mobile phone, so I installed some lights on a sensor.
This works great, but I didn't want every delivery driver, wandering fox, or sh1t bag, triggering the lights in the night and displaying a brand new 'come nick me' motor. So, I started tinkering with some bits I had lying around, like you do, and I built a little ANPR system for the lights. Works well. Lights come on if it recognises one of any programmed number plates. All good.

This week! This week I received the Emira! First night, ANPR works perfectly. Then the bloody weather turns. It's freezing!! Seems webcams outside get a little fogged up in this weather! Now I'm back to a dark carport!!

The override switch I put in is in the house side!

Sadly, I don't have room for a garage, so my son in law built be a carport. I know it's kinda 70's, but that's all I have space for.
Anyway, I have to reverse in, otherwise I can't open the drivers door as it'd be next to the wall. Before I received the Emira, I was parking my Evora there. The Evora has a reversing light about as powerful as the light on my mobile phone, so I installed some lights on a sensor.
This works great, but I didn't want ever delivery driver, wandering fox, or sh1t bag, triggering the lights in the night and displaying a brand new 'come nick me' motor. So, I started tinkering with some bits I had lying around, like you do, and I built a little ANPR system for the lights. Works well. Lights come on of it recognises one of any programmed number plates. All good.

This week! This week I received the Emira! First night, ANPR works perfectly. Then the bloody weather turns. It's freezing!! Seems webcams outside get a little fogged up in this weather! Now I'm back to a dark carport!!

```
Well..... I would not like to guarantee anything of course, BUT...with you having a very exclusive car, one that stands out...more than any other at the moment. I think there is little risk of it being stolen.... where are they going to take it... it would be tracked as I am sure you have the tracker.
Joy riders would not chance it I think and I dont think it would be exported as again, too high profile, not family material and..... well..... well...... well....
Get a real light there :). Dont worry.... look at our scottish friend's on the drive... :)

```
Well..... I would not like to guarantee anything of course, BUT...with you having a very exclusive car, one that stands out...more than any other at the moment. I think there is little risk of it being stolen.... where are they going to take it... it would be tracked as I am sure you have the tracker.
Joy riders would not chance it I think and I dont think it would be exported as again, too high profile, not family material and..... well..... well...... well....
Get a real light there :). Dont worry.... look at our scottish friend's on the drive... :)
Always with the sensible words!!
:p

Sadly, I don't have room for a garage, so my son in law built me a carport. I know it's kinda 70's, but that's all I have space for.
This works great, but I didn't want every delivery driver, wandering fox, or sh1t bag, triggering the lights in the night and displaying a brand new 'come nick me' motor. So, I started tinkering with some bits I had lying around, like you do, and I built a little ANPR system for the lights. Works well. Lights come on if it recognises one of any programmed number plates. All good.

If you'd specified Homelink you'd have a much simpler solution!

If you'd specified Homelink you'd have a much simpler solution!
I'm a tinkerer! Satisfaction from cobbling together stuff. Plus, when I connect to gates, I can program for anyone I like without having to install stuff in their cars

Reactions: JXJ
The color combo looks great and I can't wait to see more pictures of it in the daylight! Congrats on taking delivery of a gorgeous new Emira!

D98CB47B-F3CD-490C-9D98-E83C3ADEA531.jpeg

Very cool. I wonder if US customers will get that too. Or if there’s an option to purchase it. Did the speedform come with the key box?

Last edited:
Very cool, were you expecting it or Lotus just sent it to you?