• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New video on YouTube by WhichBike (Evotion), featuring renders by Eagle7

Remember Ade had never owned or sat in a Lotus until a couple of months before the reveal last July. His longest drive in a Lotus so far has been passengering in my Evora up to Hethel and back last Friday. Converted and now one of the brands most enthusiastic supporters. Great to have him as part of the Emira and Lotus family.

It's very odd, those don't look like the samples I've seen at my dealer, at the factory or on the car.

My photos of the roadshow samples are outside on a wall away from as many other surfaces as possible, with a strong overhead sun. I made a point of looking closely at all of them and writing down what flecks were in each, as I knew they wouldn't be easy to see in uploaded re-sized photos.

I'm baffled by this, as the gold fleck was one of the standout things we saw on the factory car, which was in the production hall but right by a huge floor to ceiling window and bathed in sunlight.

As I posted elsewhere, one of Eagle7's most recent renders is very close to what me, Ade, Greg and Andrew saw - we all picked this one out as the closest match when we got home:

View attachment 2660

Well, that makes me feel a bit better about Magma. My heart really sank when I saw the disk in Melbourne, but the idea that it’s wrong is a relief!

It's very odd, those don't look like the samples I've seen at my dealer, at the factory or on the car.

My photos of the roadshow samples are outside on a wall away from as many other surfaces as possible, with a strong overhead sun. I made a point of looking closely at all of them and writing down what flecks were in each, as I knew they wouldn't be easy to see in uploaded re-sized photos.

I'm baffled by this, as the gold fleck was one of the standout things we saw on the factory car, which was in the production hall but right by a huge floor to ceiling window and bathed in sunlight.

As I posted elsewhere, one of Eagle7's most recent renders is very close to what me, Ade, Greg and Andrew saw - we all picked this one out as the closest match when we got home:

View attachment 2660
The least we can say about the Magma Red is that it is a unique color and there is lots to be said about. I am so looking forward to it!

Attachments

• my emira 202202.JPG
    my emira 202202.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 73
The least we can say about the Magma Red is that it is a unique color and there is lots to be said about. I am so looking forward to it!
Looks like my spec, but with tan leather. Hope it looks like the configurator!

View attachment 2654
View attachment 2655

@TomE, here’s a couple of my photos, taken outside in the sun (partial cloud). You can probably see why I can’t imagine a bright red from this.

Looking at @digilotus photos, something struck me as weird… only his convex images were dark (I didn’t take any of the concave). Perhaps only the convex side was wrong?
That to me is burgundy tones and nothing like the configurator. The configurator colour looks fab but I changed my choice as I don’t believe the colour in real life will look like the configurator

I ran the Lotus configurer video with Magma red on my laptop and at the same time cast it to a Sony OLED TV. On the TV the red looks many shades brighter! Only way to really tell will be to see one in the flesh.

In regards to magma I just don't see how the configurator is anywhere close to the real color. The samples I saw are not even in the same realm

Back