• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

News About Lotus Dealers in the U.S.

Here's an interesting article from November 2022 with an interview of Matt Windle where he talks about adding dealerships in the U.S. This is the relevant part from the article (bold emphasis is mine):

"What potential annual volume is Lotus expecting in the U.S. once you get all your vehicles launched?

The potential is huge. I think we could be doing 10,000 cars a year over here. So, I mean, we’ve seen it already. We’ve got 10,000 deposits for Emira, globally. The U.S. is the biggest market for that. There’s been good uptake on the Eletre already even though it’s not going to be here for a few years. The U.S. has always been a very, very important market for Lotus.

How will Lotus’ dealer network change with the influx of new vehicles and expected volume increase?

We’ve got 36 dealers in the U.S. and we’ve got 10 that are under contract now, signed and coming on line. We’re probably looking at adding about 10 new dealers a year for the next three years. So we know we’ve got to grow the representation. It’s really important for those dealers that start with us as well."

Here's the full article:

Last edited:
So are they just staying in the current location with BAC now?
Not sure what their plans are for Lotus and BAC. The black building in between Porsche and Ferrari that was slated to be Lotus is what they're turning into the parking structure.

Here's an interesting article from November 2022 with an interview of Matt Windle where he talks about adding dealerships in the U.S. This is the relevant part from the article (bold emphasis is mine):

"What potential annual volume is Lotus expecting in the U.S. once you get all your vehicles launched?

The potential is huge. I think we could be doing 10,000 cars a year over here. So, I mean, we’ve seen it already. We’ve got 10,000 deposits for Emira, globally. The U.S. is the biggest market for that. There’s been good uptake on the Eletre already even though it’s not going to be here for a few years. The U.S. has always been a very, very important market for Lotus.

How will Lotus’ dealer network change with the influx of new vehicles and expected volume increase?

We’ve got 36 dealers in the U.S. and we’ve got 10 that are under contract now, signed and coming on line. We’re probably looking at adding about 10 new dealers a year for the next three years. So we know we’ve got to grow the representation. It’s really important for those dealers that start with us as well."

Here's the full article:

Thanks for sharing and looks a little encouraging for those who don’t have logistical servicing support, which fortunately is not a particular issue for me since here in South Florida there are already quite a few established Lotus outlets, one being only a 20 minute drive.
From a marketing and sales perspective however, inasmuch as expanding their network is important, Lotus and Geely really need to prioritize and straighten out their production, quality, volume and delivery issues so that they don’t risk spreading themselves even more thinly.

Thanks for sharing and looks a little encouraging for those who don’t have logistical servicing support, which fortunately is not a particular issue for me since here in South Florida there are already quite a few established Lotus outlets, one being only a 20 minute drive.
From a marketing and sales perspective however, inasmuch as expanding their network is important, Lotus and Geely really need to prioritize and straighten out their production, quality, volume and delivery issues so that they don’t risk spreading themselves even more thinly.
That article is two and half years and SOOO MANY lies ago.

That article is two and half years and SOOO MANY lies ago.
Interesting since it looks to be freshly circulated news, but if it’s that old, then you’re absolutely right in that their failure verdict is already out.