Not my first lotus :)

Hufggfg

Reaction score
Hi all,

just found this forum and thought I’d introduce myself.

I’ve had a few Lotus cars over the years, and absolutely love their lightweight, involved approach to cars. I ordered an Emira relative soon after the reveal. I have no need for another car at all, but just can’t pass on this one as it looks like it’ll be awesome.

Lotus cars I’ve had so far:
2007 Exige S 240 - bought this after going into a London TVR/Lotus showroom asking about TVRs and even the dealer recommended against it 😂. It started my love of the way Lotus do things. I think I owned it about 2 years (and have regretting selling it many times).

1972 Elan Sprint DHC - was a dream to own one for many years, so when one came up in my perfect spec (DHC, pistachio) a few years ago I couldn’t say no. Absolutely love the thing. It’s currently undergoing a bit of a mechanical restoration and I can’t wait to get it back.

2017 Evora Sport 410 - while this was in some ways a great car, the setup and carbon seats in the Sport 410 just weren’t for me. It made it less comfortable than another car I own, but without actually making it any better to drive.

Reactions: DJW
Hi all,

just found this forum and thought I’d introduce myself.

I’ve had a few Lotus cars over the years, and absolutely love their lightweight, involved approach to cars. I ordered an Emira relative soon after the reveal. I have no need for another car at all, but just can’t pass on this one as it looks like it’ll be awesome.

Lotus cars I’ve had so far:
2007 Exige S 240 - bought this after going into a London TVR/Lotus showroom asking about TVRs and even the dealer recommended against it 😂. It started my love of the way Lotus do things. I think I owned it about 2 years (and have regretting selling it many times).

1972 Elan Sprint DHC - was a dream to own one for many years, so when one came up in my perfect spec (DHC, pistachio) a few years ago I couldn’t say no. Absolutely love the thing. It’s currently undergoing a bit of a mechanical restoration and I can’t wait to get it back.

2017 Evora Sport 410 - while this was in some ways a great car, the setup and carbon seats in the Sport 410 just weren’t for me. It made it less comfortable than another car I own, but without actually making it any better to drive.
Hi, and welcome! That's a great cross section of Lotus ownership and driving experience you have. My own experience is limited to a slightly ratty eclat over 35 years ago - but loved it warts and all! I've always felt the elan +2 was unfairly overlooked - a great package and easily one of the prettiest Lotuses.

Welcome and a nice collection of cars. I'd love to see a picture of the Elan. I used to take part in the annual Club Lotus track days at Goodwood and always enjoyed seeing Elans being driven enthusiastically on track.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back