• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

OPF Suppressor

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good evening,
I am thinking of adding an OPF suppressor to my emira to gain more sound, and my trusted workshop is telling me that some values in the ECU will probably have to be modified, this worries me a lot since I wanted to avoid losing the warranty of the entire car, has anyone already done it or knows anything about it?

Never heard of an OPF "suppressor" enhancing sound. OPF is a filter, hence "Otto particle filter", which tends to silence the car. V6 doesn't come with one, I4 does.
I never heard of retrofitting an OPF.. but if you did you surely need to adjust the SW.
If you're talking about removing the third cat in V6 there is no software to be changed since it doesn't have any sensors. If you're talking about removing the OPF on I4 you probably need to adjust SW or have some dummy sensors.

Never heard of an OPF "suppressor" enhancing sound. OPF is a filter, hence "Otto particle filter", which tends to silence the car. V6 doesn't come with one, I4 does.
I never heard of retrofitting an OPF.. but if you did you surely need to adjust the SW.
If you're talking about removing the third cat in V6 there is no software to be changed since it doesn't have any sensors. If you're talking about removing the OPF on I4 you probably need to adjust SW or have some dummy sensors.
To eliminate the third catalyst, wouldn't it be necessary to adjust the software? Would it be reversible to pass the reviews?

Firstly, it’s not an OPF (GPF) on the V6, just a third catalyst.

I’ve installed the Milltek one and there are no warning lights.
The third cat has no O2 sensors so there is nothing to be warned about.

And yes you can just put it back in. It'll only change sound not emissions, so depending on where you are you need to put it back in to pass noise inspection. Nonsense, should sleep more 🤣

Last edited:
Firstly, it’s not an OPF (GPF) on the V6, just a third catalyst.

I’ve installed the Milltek one and there are no warning lights.
The third cat has no O2 sensors so there is nothing to be warned about.
I understand then that the V6 does not have OPF/GPF?

Back