• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Osmium Silver Lotus Emira photo thread

Ready for delivery
Emira At dealer.jpg

Okay, here is my offering for the picture thread.

Like most postings, the in person gestalt of whatever color the Emira is done in and the overall curb appeal of the Emira , justice in NOT served unless it is seen in person.

Attachments

• image1 3.jpeg
    image1 3.jpeg
    469.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image0 3.jpeg
    image0 3.jpeg
    288.1 KB · Views: 97
Just wanna say I LOVE this thread. Osmium sings to me :love:
I unfortunately could not get an Osmium exterior, so I will eventually be vinyl-wrapping to a color that's hopefully close to Osmium. Will post in due time once it's all done, and can get some photoshoot pix.

Just wanna say I LOVE this thread. Osmium sings to me :love:
I unfortunately could not get an Osmium exterior, so I will eventually be vinyl-wrapping to a color that's hopefully close to Osmium. Will post in due time once it's all done, and can get some photoshoot pix.
I've done the same and couldn't be happier. Love the silver color that also acts as a protective layer and knowing that I can go back to DV anytime I want.

It seems like quite a few OS owners have similar taste in wheel finish and interior color too.
I call it the "Porsche spec". I've owned over a dozen different Porsches over the years and I know its not everyone's cup of tea but I love silver with black interior. This is my first Lotus and I love the look of the Os Silver with blackpack and black interior.

I call it the "Porsche spec". I've owned over a dozen different Porsches over the years and I know its not everyone's cup of tea but I love silver with black interior. This is my first Lotus and I love the look of the Os Silver with blackpack and black interior.
For me personally, my go-to spec is Silver on Red on Red 😎

When I think Porsche, I think of a traditional silver. Not a bronze or dusty silver, but a metallic silver, maybe with a blue hue. It is the quintessential color for a Porsche.

No other color shows off the body lines like OS. To my eye, there are panel convexities and concavities that aren't even visible with other colors. Your post #101 photo shows the area immediately behind the front wheel where there is design detail that is lost with any other color.

If Lotus had offered an orange or yellow that highlighted the lines of the car, I probably would have gone for it instead of OS. Given the available colors, I think OS stands alone. Obviously so, because that's how I ordered mine!

On a related note, I think Lotus blew it on the First Edition color choices. Some of the available colors work OK in photos, but IMO many fall flat when seen in the flesh. OS is an exception.

Every time someone posts a beautiful high res, high contrast photo of an Emira in different configuration than mine I think I should have gotten mine configured like that!

I need to stop looking at y’all’s photos. Or get some vanity photos of my own car taken!