Paint blistering on the Rear Quarter Panel...!!! Am I the first??

🤔 I went to that page to look for the info and didn't see that hence my email to Lotus CS. I'm either blind, can't read, dumb or it wasn't there when I looked..
Scroll down to the bottom. The basic warranty, Paint, and Anti-corrosion paragraphs appear after a flashy animation.

1728991450194.png

How can Lotus say the body panels are covered from corrosion?

That's like saying the plastic filler cap or tyres won't corrode?

The URL posted above is the UK version (en-GB in the URL is English-Great Britain). They get 5 years of paint coverage.

1729010049471.png

The US warranty book - can be downloaded HERE and clearly states 3 years/ 36k miles for paint defects.

1729010437607.png

Sucks, but hopefully that puts this debate to rest.

An update on my post above from CS, they have got back to me and apologised saying the paint warranty is only 3 years, they made a mistake. 🤬

My reply:

"Hi,

I'm sorry, but the warranty is 5yrs, not 3 years as you now claim. Your website has stated it from inception, CS confirmed it and in a court of law it would be a no brainer that Lotus Cars changing it after owners purchased a car would lose.

This attempt to change the warranty is clearly because of all the problems with the composite panels owners are facing, a fault from manufacture is an easy case to win. Shifting the cost to owners is poor practice and does nothing to improve the current image of Lotus Cars.

SOLUTION:

Existing customers, including those who have placed orders, keep the 5yrs that helped make their purchase decision and new customers going forward, say deposits from November 1st 2024, get 3yrs due to the problems already sorted at the manufacturing level. Everyone is happy and Lotus Cars don't face prospective litigation around the paint warranty.

My car has spent half its ownership at the dealers being repaired, currently there for problems with the reversing camera/cold starting/putting into reverse/the recent recalls and has just been assessed for both doors to be replaced due to the paint bubbling problems. In 6 months it's had new wiper motors, A pillar airbag fasteners, HVAC system sorted, main screen problem that was due to the wiring cut when the dash was installed at the factory (a repair and not a replacement of the damaged wiring loom which is unacceptable), the wiper motors replaced and numerous system updates. I'm also paying ÂŁ450 for the 1st service, something that should have been covered by Lotus due to the number of problems encountered with the car.

I, and many owners on Lotus forums, have taken screenshots of the promised 5yr warranty from your website ie your offer to purchase, and will use them in court if required. I would suggest passing this email up to senior management to ensure they are aware legal action can and will be taken if necessary to hold Lotus Cars to their stated warranty terms.

Attached is a screenshot from your website taken just before this email was sent to you. 5 years, not 3 years, paint warranty is clearly stated."

We shall see what their response will be, I expect CS will try to say 3 years but you cannot change the terms of a contract unilaterally after it has been agreed and goods have been delivered. Paint problems are not minor so cannot be held to be inconsequential.

Arent these warranty times stated in your individual purchase contract of the emira? This is what would be relevant, not some informations written on a website…

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back