Prices increase update from Lotus - and stopping of reservations for V6 FE

Featured
Please be advised that, as a result of significantly increasing costs, the Lotus Emira will later this year be subject to new pricing.

Whilst a significant level of cost increase has been absorbed, with effect from 1 June 2023, the retail price will increase to £81,995 (incl VAT) for the Emira V6 First Edition, and £77,795 (incl VAT) for the Emira First Edition 4-cylinder turbocharged variant. Full pricing details can be found on our website. However, your Emira reservation will not be affected by this increase, we can confirm your reservation has been price protected.

We are fully committed to our production schedule and in the next two weeks, we will be in touch via email to update you further on the progression of your Lotus Emira.

Due to overwhelming demand, we will be closing reservations for Lotus Emira V6 First Edition. We will be sharing the exact timings soon.

1676459390320.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sorry but I've driven both and the Evora as an all rounder isn't fit to sew the Emiras shoe laces, and then there is the looks, Lotus have batted this one out of the park.
As an all rounder I'd agree with you, thanks to updated interior, more comfort options and more modern styling but as a drivers car I cant see it, sorry. They're essentially the same chassis and developed by the same people. If anything, the Evora should have the advantage being a couple of hundred kilos lighter.

Plus the question was about the Emira being a classic and I dont see anything that'll set it apart from its rivels other than lack of numbers. IF anything, I'd say the Evora is the more likely being more analogue than the Emira but I dont think any will be considered a classic. I'd say thats going to be the Exige.

He did a video on placing his order and he was actually quite late in the game compared to others. Now, it is possible that he'd placed the order and just did the video for the audience at a later date but its unlikely.

I think its obvious that people like him and Schmee were bumped up the priority list to generate more interest and publicity. Its not nice but we know it happens.
Harry was at the reveal on 6 July at Hethel and placed his deposit there. Schmee placed his at Goodwood on the first day.

The video of Harry placing his order was him picking his configuration and was staged later.

If we did move to BE, would we still be in the que based on our original deposit, i.e. Early deposit= early build car?
Yes, Base queue is in deposit date order. I gather there are less than 500 people in the UK Base queue at the moment, so anyone already waiting is likely to be in the first 2-3 months of Base production. That’s due to start in Q1 2024.

Weren't they talking about 17 cars a day or something? That's <5000 a year...
Target at full productivity was 4800 cars per year with one shift, now 7000 per year with two shifts.

Reactions: DJS
Heard a story (well sourced) that i4 production is dragging 12 months behind V6. These knock on delays are silly in a market where first owners change cars regularly. Cumulative 6 month delays will just frustrate, where an initial "see you in 3 years" would set the Emira "one car away"

Harry was at the reveal on 6 July at Hethel and placed his deposit there. Schmee placed his at Goodwood on the first day.

The video of Harry placing his order was him picking his configuration and was staged later.
Thanks. Didnt know that. Happy to be corrected,

Heard a story (well sourced) that i4 production is dragging 12 months behind V6. These knock on delays are silly in a market where first owners change cars regularly. Cumulative 6 month delays will just frustrate, where an initial "see you in 3 years" would set the Emira "one car away"

That seems to be true more or less. The first V6 cars delivered were Sept 2022 I believe to the Netherlands. My i4 is due Sept 2023 and I think there are a couple of folks with slightly earlier dates

Just got the update from my salesman at Park Place Bellevue, in his exact words:

"I asked about the price increase. They said there is none.. They pushed production back to April"

So there you have it for the U.S. anyways.

Just got the update from my salesman at Park Place Bellevue, in his exact words:

"I asked about the price increase. They said there is none.. They pushed production back to April"

It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is. If ‘is’ means is and never has been, that is not—that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement. … Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you increasing the price of the Emira for US buyers, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true.

It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is. If ‘is’ means is and never has been, that is not—that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement. … Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you increasing the price of the Emira for US buyers, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true.
NotTheDroids.png

Geez, did you work for the Clinton administration lol? That statement was worthy of today's word salad gobbledygook you see being passed off as official statements.

It wasn't just similar, he literally quoted Bill Clinton. A pretty solid joke, tbh.
Yeah, that's why I referenced the Clinton administration. Everything after the Clinton quote was Nova's own word salad however.

Honestly from some of the things I read in this forum, I'm truly amazed at people's reactions. If they're like this just over a car, what would they be like if it was something actually serious?

Yeah, that's why I referenced the Clinton administration. Everything after the Clinton quote was Nova's own word salad however.

Honestly from some of the things I read in this forum, I'm truly amazed at people's reactions. If they're like this just over a car, what would they be like if it was something actually serious?
No he got the whole thing! Just swapped the Emira bit. See:

But did they say to him, “there is none and that is a promise”? In which case there definitely will be.

Same thing we've been saying since Wednesday. Now that you've said it too, maybe people will let it drop! ;)

I believe that statement refers to the NA 700 FE v6 orders (nothing thereafter), so good news for them.
As for the rest of us: inflated expectations.

I believe that statement refers to the NA 700 FE v6 orders (nothing thereafter), so good news for them.
As for the rest of us: inflated expectations.
Well yes, of course. All the NA FE orders were locked in as factory-accepted hard orders almost a year ago. Considering what's just taken place in the U.K., there've been 700 people in NA who wanted to know where things were at. There shouldn't be any surprise that with economic conditions worldwide, there's a price increase for new orders and/or deposits made beyond the original 700 for NA. We'll have to wait and see what that's going to be since Lotus apparently isn't making a statement about that yet.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back