Pulling an ECU report for PPI?

Six Speed Stephen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I found a car I'm interested in buying. It's used with a few thousand miles. Is there an ECU report the service department can pull to get data on the break-in period? I want to know if the break-in was followed correctly so I get an accurate assessment of the car.

If so, is there a technical term for what it's called?

Thank you!
Stephen

I've had two different dealers tell me there isn't a way to access the ECU to see how the car has been driven.

Is this true?

I was told by multiple service reps that the logs can be (and are) pulled. Specifically focusing on break-in period. They should be able to see how long certain rev ranges were held and how often over revs happened, etc..

I'll call my tech and ask now...

I was told by multiple service reps that the logs can be (and are) pulled. Specifically focusing on break-in period. They should be able to see how long certain rev ranges were held and how often over revs happened, etc..

I'll call my tech and ask now...

OK, so Jason at Lotus Philly said he's pretty sure he can pull rev report logs with their scan tool and if not, the logs can be sent to Lotus HQ or someone and have the logs read by them. Either way, it's very possible and something I'd want done when potentially buying a pre-owned Emira. I know over rev reports are common in the Porsche and McLaren world when I was shopping.

OK, so Jason at Lotus Philly said he's pretty sure he can pull rev report logs with their scan tool and if not, the logs can be sent to Lotus HQ or someone and have the logs read by them. Either way, it's very possible and something I'd want done when potentially buying a pre-owned Emira. I know over rev reports are common in the Porsche and McLaren world when I was shopping.
Thank you! I will mention this to the dealer

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back