• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Rear cabin space

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I played around with the seats and a tape measure.

You’ll get a cabin bag behind each seat. There’s a shelf at about the same level as in an Evora 2+0.

For a 6 foot driver the max gap behind the seat is about 20cm. For me at 5’9” with short legs and the seat a lot forward it was about 30cm. This is how it looked at that setting:

6CC74040-1282-4778-BA76-27485E3334D7.jpeg

Thanks Tom. I currently have a TTS and use the rear seat/shelf for the dog. Did you see if the was any kind of fixtures behind the seat that could be used to clip a harness onto, or thoughts on why this could/wouldn’t work?
Here’s me trying to convince the wife it is still a “practical” daily driver 😂

Someone on another forum has spotted a cover for a fixing in my picture. I don’t remember seeing it in the car. I guess it might be a tie down point or a clip for a cargo net. I can’t see it being ISOFIX as there’s no room fo a child seat.

A point for someone else to look at when they see the car.

Here's some more official info which indicates the rear space is 22.8cm for a typical 6'1" driver and 41.7cm if you have the seat fully forward.

Emira seat position and rear luggage space.png

Someone on another forum has spotted a cover for a fixing in my picture
Do they mean the cover on the C pillar? Looks like it's the top anchor point for a baby seat looking at the logo on it (Picture of seat with anchor behind). Have seen that before on cars, but not in a 2 seater.

I guess they're imagining people taking their baby in the passenger seat for a spin in the car? Get them started early? 😅

Do they mean the cover on the C pillar? Looks like it's the top anchor point for a baby seat looking at the logo on it (Picture of seat with anchor behind). Have seen that before on cars, but not in a 2 seater.

I guess they're imagining people taking their baby in the passenger seat for a spin in the car? Get them started early? 😅
Yes, it's the rear tether for a LATCH child seat (US equivalent of ISOFIX) and is mandatory in the US.

Oddly on the show car there is one behind each seat - clearly they expect Lotus “for the drivers” to start young!

8F66FE78-E75F-45EC-935F-AA40B436C3B5.jpeg

979AE223-EC87-4980-875E-C182A86FBED4.jpeg

0B30350E-0F49-44BC-BB00-D09014DCFCA7.jpeg

Thanks Tom. I currently have a TTS and use the rear seat/shelf for the dog. Did you see if the was any kind of fixtures behind the seat that could be used to clip a harness onto, or thoughts on why this could/wouldn’t work?
Here’s me trying to convince the wife it is still a “practical” daily driver 😂
That’s the same here! Two cockers lying side on should fit for short trips! 😂