• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Rear diffuser end caps...supposed to snap in or be glued in?

ebarke

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The end caps on the rear diffuser just behind the rear wheels seem to pop out easily, and in my case, looked like they were glued in, just wondering if that's how they are supposed to be or did someone break mine and glue them back in? Just wondering to see if I should just gorilla glue them, or get replacements...so much gravel gets into that rear diffuser and just sits in the slots.
20240926_165618.jpg
20240926_165630.jpg

Where are these? I've taken the whole rear end apart and don't remember seeing them.
see second pic...hard to take with the rear wheels on...between the rear wheel and back of car pointing toward the back, but if you follow the line around the back until it goes down behind the rear wheels on the side of the vehicle, they plug the ends of the diffuser slots that are on either side of the car behind the rear wheels.

They are glued in. One of mine popped off when I did not see a clip that is used to fasten that piece to the rear lower access panel. I removed the panel to install the third cat delete and exhaust controller. I epoxied the piece back in and so far, so good.

They are glued in. One of mine popped off when I did not see a clip that is used to fasten that piece to the rear lower access panel. I removed the panel to install the third cat delete and exhaust controller. I epoxied the piece back in and so far, so good.
I had the same experience when I did my first oil change. Used hot glue to put it back on lol.

These fell off while installing a 3rd cat delete pipe on my buddy's Emira recently. They are glued and held in with a metal clip. The glue obviously failed on many of these. We cleaned both surfaces (there was a lot of dirt back there) and dabbed some epoxy along the mating surfaces and held them in place for a couple minutes before sliding on the metal clips. I haven't checked, but I assume they're securely in place still.

The end caps on the rear diffuser just behind the rear wheels seem to pop out easily, and in my case, looked like they were glued in, just wondering if that's how they are supposed to be or did someone break mine and glue them back in? Just wondering to see if I should just gorilla glue them, or get replacements...so much gravel gets into that rear diffuser and just sits in the

The end caps on the rear diffuser just behind the rear wheels seem to pop out easily, and in my case, looked like they were glued in, just wondering if that's how they are supposed to be or did someone break mine and glue them back in? Just wondering to see if I should just gorilla glue them, or get replacements...so much gravel gets into that rear diffuser and just sits in the slots.
View attachment 52324View attachment 52325
One of those end caps also popped out by itself when I removed the under tray. To find out how they were supposed to be secured back in their spot, I pulled the one on other side myself with hardly any effort. I think the glue used is not strong (at least it wasn't on mine) and, at some point, the'll end up falling out and being lost. I also noticed that quite a few small stones were deposited inside the end fins of the diffuser, which were likely kicked up by the rear tires, so instead of glueing them back, I place a small and short screw on the inside part of the diffuser to secure them in place while and to allow me to also easily remove them if I ever to clean up the debris that will eventually accumulate there again. I drilled a small guiding hole that went through the diffuser and the end cap in order to not risk cracking the diffuser or the plastic end cap. Here's a picture, to give you a visual. Hope this could be useful.

Attachments

• IMG_1135.jpeg
    IMG_1135.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 5

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back