• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Rejection after 6 months - UK - Anyone done it?

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All,

Anyone hanging around on here who might have rejected their car after the UK Consumers Act 6 month window?

Nellie

Hi All,

Anyone hanging around on here who might have rejected their car after the UK Consumers Act 6 month window?

Nellie
I am going through hell at the minute! But my car is 1.5 years old

So God Knows!

I love the emira and how it drives. I have unfortunate paint work issues.

However,
Lotus Customer Service is a deal breaker for me. They lack so much class in how they operate.
dYou hardly get an email returned.. You never get a phone call from anyone who can resolve anything.

They dont know how to make it up to the customer at all.

I genuinely cannot be bothered with them at all.

Hence why the car has to go.

In the right hands my issues could be sorted in 5 mins with a decent phone call if I was to be dead honest.

I am going through hell at the minute! But my car is 1.5 years old

So God Knows!

I love the emira and how it drives. I have unfortunate paint work issues.

However,
Lotus Customer Service is a deal breaker for me. They lack so much class in how they operate.
dYou hardly get an email returned.. You never get a phone call from anyone who can resolve anything.

They dont know how to make it up to the customer at all.

I genuinely cannot be bothered with them at all.

Hence why the car has to go.

In the right hands my issues could be sorted in 5 mins with a decent phone call if I was to be dead honest.
I feel your pain, the car and its issues would not be too bad if the customer service was spot on.

When I had an issue with my new F Pace a few years back Jaguar and the dealer bent over backwards to make it right and me feel special as a customer.

They fixed the fault as quickly as he parts came in, gave me a like for like courtesy car with no quibble and then when the repair was done a full tank of diesel and a F Type SVR test drive for a day 😎

Lucky if I get a response from Lotus! although in fairness my call from yesterday was followed up with an email even though it was just to tell me what they said yesterday.

I feel your pain, the car and its issues would not be too bad if the customer service was spot on.

When I had an issue with my new F Pace a few years back Jaguar and the dealer bent over backwards to make it right and me feel special as a customer.

They fixed the fault as quickly as he parts came in, gave me a like for like courtesy car with no quibble and then when the repair was done a full tank of diesel and a F Type SVR test drive for a day 😎

Lucky if I get a response from Lotus! although in fairness my call from yesterday was followed up with an email even though it was just to tell me what they said yesterday.
What issue do you have if you do not mind me asking?

What issue do you have if you do not mind me asking?
My aircon has completely failed again, last year I had over 6 weeks without being able to use the car unless the weather was good enough to run with windows opened.

It failed again at the start of Feb and again off the road unless weather allows, was due repair today but Lotus are not issuing the resistor packs at the moment so no date as to when this will be resolved!

I feel your pain. It took me months to reject my Emira, but I learned that persistence is key. Be under no illusion that it's on you to kick them every step of the way. I still don't understand why so many people are experiencing so many faults with these cars, despite the claims of continuous quality control during production and extensive testing before launch.

It's disappointing that this supposedly uncompromising Lotus brand is struggling to live up to its claims compared to other marques. From what I've read, the Eletre appears to be another world of pain leading to buyer's remorse in quite a few cases!

My aircon has completely failed again, last year I had over 6 weeks without being able to use the car unless the weather was good enough to run with windows opened.

It failed again at the start of Feb and again off the road unless weather allows, was due repair today but Lotus are not issuing the resistor packs at the moment so no date as to when this will be resolved!
That literally compromises how much you can use the car.

Very frustrating.

Lotus HQ are literally avoiding nowadays.

No emails or calls returned at this point

An update for those of you who might be considering a similar path.

Lotus and the finance company are now looking at my case for rejecting the car, they are looking at the fault history with Lotus Silverstone.

Will keep you updated on how this goes.

As an aside the next scheduled HVAC repair is due on 23rd April 🤞

I did get my car rejected and returned to lotus after 10 months but I had a major issue just 3 months into ownership which took nearly 12 weeks to fix so I did attempt to reject the car then, this was well within the 6 month period. I didn’t get a response and I didn’t really follow it up with lotus when I got the car back. I hoped the issues were done and dusted and that I’d enjoy the car but other problems followed so I contacted lotus again with a full list and they agreed to take the car back. That part of the process was about 6 weeks from case escalation to refund. A shame it didn’t work out, some things just aren't meant to be I guess.

My car is now at Lotus Silvertone for 9 weeks and stranded.

It has a paint blistered door replaced with a new panel which was fair enough.

Whilst at the bodyshop they found that the rear fenders on both sides had paint blistering.

Rather than consult me and let me mull over my options... They decided to sand and respray the rear quarter panels! (Technically should replace the defected panel)

Whilst at the bodyshop my Emira presented a engine light. It was diagnosed as an 02 sensor failure.

Suprise suprise... They do not have the part available so my car is stranded at the dealership..

Meanwhile... I am constantly fighting the escalation team who are very non committal to a resolution. I have demanded them to take the car back to the factory and sort other issues the car has too like the AC and intermittent Heated seats....

I dont know if its an issue... but my car was purchased from Lotus Glasgow in July 2023... so to reject the car it seems I have to contact them??

Any thoughts or advise most welcome!

I’m wondering at what point and how many vehicles must be affected before there’s some sort of class action lawsuit, with not just this paint defect, but other things as well.

I really hope this specific paint problem is in the minority and not a larger insidious problem that will plague owners after their short warranty periods are up.

I’m wondering at what point and how many vehicles must be affected before there’s some sort of class action lawsuit, with not just this paint defect, but other things as well.

I really hope this specific paint problem is in the minority and not a larger insidious problem that will plague owners after their short warranty periods are up.
I'm in a good mind to take them to court.

Lotus HQ seem to think it's okay to have nearly 50% of your Emira resprayed and even alluded to it not affecting the cars resale value.

As you could imagine, I am fuming.

The escalation team are very reluctant to offer any ideas in how to resolve my case.

My last conversation they said they would look into take the car back to the factory........ meanwhile I am without my car now for a very long time.

How do you even compensate for that?

An update for those of you who might be considering a similar path.

Lotus and the finance company are now looking at my case for rejecting the car, they are looking at the fault history with Lotus Silverstone.

Will keep you updated on how this goes.

As an aside the next scheduled HVAC repair is due on 23rd April 🤞I have similar issues with Lotus Silverstone on my Emira - no response with any information for 6 weeks now. ECU Issues since Christmas!

I simpersize with all of you.
Have issues here in USA but my dealership has been wonderful in taking care of me. They imo have taken the bull by the horns. I have not had to deal with lotus. They have done it all. Taken a few weeks to get results. But seems like by Monday I will be good to go

I simpersize with all of you.
Have issues here in USA but my dealership has been wonderful in taking care of me. They imo have taken the bull by the horns. I have not had to deal with lotus. They have done it all. Taken a few weeks to get results. But seems like by Monday I will be good to go
What issues did you have with the car?

What issues did you have with the car?
1. The SOS faulty. Every time time you stat car it comes on. WiFi and Bluetooth same thing. Drive car for a few miles then stop get out. Lock car then start again and all ok.
2. Car goes into limp mode periodically
Lotus told my dealers service manager it the TEM unit and needs to be.
They ordered the part then were told it was incorrect part number. There is a different part number apparently for US cars. Not dealers fault as it’s in the parts manual they were given by lotus.
This part comes from China.
UK part is made in U.K. or Europe
Part has finally arrived this week and will be replaced on Monday

1. The SOS faulty. Every time time you stat car it comes on. WiFi and Bluetooth same thing. Drive car for a few miles then stop get out. Lock car then start again and all ok.
2. Car goes into limp mode periodically
Lotus told my dealers service manager it the TEM unit and needs to be.
They ordered the part then were told it was incorrect part number. There is a different part number apparently for US cars. Not dealers fault as it’s in the parts manual they were given by lotus.
This part comes from China.
UK part is made in U.K. or Europe
Part has finally arrived this week and will be replaced on Monday
Not dealers fault but more Lotus and parts manufacturers fault. It will be interesting based on how many cars arrive in the USA what % will have ongoing or nagging issues. That is why it’s important to have a dealer network not to far from your home base.

I still feel the Emira to be more of a big refresh from the out going 400/GT. Same motor with reduced redline but a big upgrade in interior, exterior and touch gear. Wished lotus had came in closer to 500 HP and 400 torque in this car, that would have been amazing, as I know the car suspension, brakes could handle it.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back