ROAD NOISE

I happen to also own a 2017 911 S and can definitely attest to the fact that it is quieter (not quiet) than the Emira on Goodyears. On rougher road surfaces, I can still carry on a phone conversation in the 911, while in the Emira it’s a lot more challenging.
There have been several references and experiences on sound proofing the Emira’s rear shelf engine firewall and doors which undoubtedly should help reduce some of the unwanted pavement contact noise, but I believe that most of that noise (aside from the type of tires in place) actually comes from the wheel well arches. I’ve read a couple of members comment on this specifically, but haven’t seen any feedback on this sound proofing around the wheel arches having already been attempted. Curious if this is difficult/impossible and what needs to be removed to access the critical areas.
I don't think it's going to be difficult, just a bit time-consuming. I'm waiting for @Aerie to get my custom wheels delivered, and once they arrive, I'll put the car up on the Quickjack, remove all 4 wheels and take them to a tire place to have the tires switched to the Aerie wheels. At that time, I'll go through and start removing the wheel well liners and see what needs to be done to dampen or deaden road noise. I'll take photos and document the process and post it in my project thread "Adding Lightness".