• The July 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 July 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Roof Rack similar to this Audi R8 one?

neiru37

Reaction score
Call me a madman, but I really want to have a roof rack similar to this Audi R8 one:

1718067766280.png

Probably a long shot that someone makes one for the Emira, but any leads to anything remotely like this for the emira?

I know seasuckers exist, and may probably be the only route I can take, but a bolt or clamp style roof rack on would be ideal.

This is the roof rack in question. They may be willing to make one for the Emira. It uses Seasucker suction cups, so perhaps not ideal. Nice custom powdercoating.
1719954291399.png

Last edited:
This is the roof rack in question. They may be willing to make one for the Emira. It uses Seasucker suction cups, so perhaps not ideal. Nice custom powdercoating.
Here's a PS, incase it helps. Wrap or Painting the roof racks side detail to flow with the Emira's body line will tie it in better.
1719977763293.png

That's too much leverage on the lower portion of the rear glass, it's just an unsupported piece of glass there. I have a Seasucker Komodo and I place it further up to make sure it doesn't apply too much force on the lower portion of the glass.

That's too much leverage on the lower portion of the rear glass, it's just an unsupported piece of glass there. I have a Seasucker Komodo and I place it further up to make sure it doesn't apply too much force on the lower portion of the glass.
Yeah, if this was attached to something more structural sure. But like this? No.

Call me a madman, but I really want to have a roof rack similar to this Audi R8 one:

View attachment 45544

Probably a long shot that someone makes one for the Emira, but any leads to anything remotely like this for the emira?

I know seasuckers exist, and may probably be the only route I can take, but a bolt or clamp style roof rack on would be ideal.
Hey madman- what do you even need this for? Honest question. Is this for skis or something? It doesn’t provide that much more storage and looks like a hassle.

The Jubu wing seems to be bolted on using existing holes under some plastic cladding near the tail end of the hatch:

1719984934386.png

If someone was to make an aftermarket roof rack, I'd imagine this would be a good place to bolt on at least the back end of the support structure. Then the front could be seasuckers for a cleaner install.

Hey madman- what do you even need this for? Honest question. Is this for skis or something? It doesn’t provide that much more storage and looks like a hassle.

Anything, really. The Emira is my one and only car and I rely on my SO's SUV for other utility stuff so it works for now, but I just like having more options when it comes to storing things.