• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Scorpion Tracker

Has anyone in the US been able to enable their phone as a tag to replace the fob?

The Scorpion came with my car, and it was initiated by the dealer so that I could track it while it was being shipped to me.

But, every time I try to link the phone as a fob, I either get a blank screen when it says "here are the vehicles you can connect with". Either that, or it just goes to the map page showing where my vehicle is located.

I'm finding that this Scorpion thing is pretty useless. It shows my route and my speed every so many seconds, and it's all gee-whiz stuff that I can already get from Google for free. Regardless of whether I can link my phone or not, I can't see paying even $1/yr for this service. So, at this point, I'm just going to let the service lapse after one year, and call it a day.

You guys got fobs?

I ordered the Scorpion but there were no fobs at delivery. I was told that Scorpion would reach out to me after. Does that match the experience of others?

You guys got fobs?

I ordered the Scorpion but there were no fobs at delivery. I was told that Scorpion would reach out to me after. Does that match the experience of others?
I've heard from others it may be in the kit in the trunk.

I was told by my dealer that Scorpion was developed primarily for the UK market and while it works well there, it somehow doesn't work as well here. I don't know any of the details on this. He recommended not getting it because there are much better options for the US market. So I didn't order it for that reason and up to this point I thought it was really just for the UK and no one in the US was getting it. I guess I was wrong. Wondering what other dealers have advised, how many in the US did order Scorpion and if it does turn out to be a good solution. Looks like some out of the box issues but seems @robrmon got his working.

I was told by my dealer that Scorpion was developed primarily for the UK market and while it works well there, it somehow doesn't work as well here. I don't know any of the details on this. He recommended not getting it because there are much better options for the US market. So I didn't order it for that reason and up to this point I thought it was really just for the UK and no one in the US was getting it. I guess I was wrong. Wondering what other dealers have advised, how many in the US did order Scorpion and if it does turn out to be a good solution. Looks like some out of the box issues but seems @robrmon got his working.
You need Scorpion if you want the Lotus app to work correctly.

Yes it’s working well. I’m happy with it.

I think Scorpion is intended primarily for commercial fleet managers to keep track of all his vehicles and whereabouts, and not necessarily for retail sale to car owners.

I think Scorpion is intended primarily for commercial fleet managers to keep track of all his vehicles and whereabouts, and not necessarily for retail sale to car owners.
Thanks, may explain why my dealer was not necessarily in favor of it. But it seems like it's turning out to be a useful and viable option for North American customers, without having to add the necessary expense and hassle of adding a different solution (which I may or may not pursue) later on. Seems I may have missed out on this, which is disappointing.

Has anyone in the US been able to enable their phone as a tag to replace the fob?

The Scorpion came with my car, and it was initiated by the dealer so that I could track it while it was being shipped to me.

But, every time I try to link the phone as a fob, I either get a blank screen when it says "here are the vehicles you can connect with". Either that, or it just goes to the map page showing where my vehicle is located.

I'm finding that this Scorpion thing is pretty useless. It shows my route and my speed every so many seconds, and it's all gee-whiz stuff that I can already get from Google for free. Regardless of whether I can link my phone or not, I can't see paying even $1/yr for this service. So, at this point, I'm just going to let the service lapse after one year, and call it a day.
I was able to pair my phone with no issues.

Randomly, I'll still get calls from a UK number with an automated voice asking if my car was stolen within the first few minutes of a drive.

I wonder what they would do if it was?

I was able to pair my phone with no issues.

Randomly, I'll still get calls from a UK number with an automated voice asking if my car was stolen within the first few minutes of a drive.

I wonder what they would do if it was?
I tried to pair my phone today. But it popped up "vehicle must be turned on to activate phone tag". But my car was up and running already. Did you get this message?

I tried to pair my phone today. But it popped up "vehicle must be turned on to activate phone tag". But my car was up and running already. Did you get this message?
Nope, never got that message.

I wonder how effective the Scorpion is in the US though. There have been times when I've left the house and received an automated call from them where you have the option of hitting "1" to report the car stolen or "0" to report a false alarm. The call often comes when I'm in an area with poor reception so before I can even pick an option the call drops. And nothing further happens.

Managed to get this working, I have a one year subscription in the US. I just filled in this form and within 24 hours they sent me back my username and password, easy.

Glad to hear someone's gotten the Scorpion Tracker set up successfully in the U.S. I finally got my username/account from the dealer, but not clear whether I have a subscription or how to get one. If I try in the Android app, it says "Unit not installed". Any ideas?

Glad to hear someone's gotten the Scorpion Tracker set up successfully in the U.S. I finally got my username/account from the dealer, but not clear whether I have a subscription or how to get one. If I try in the Android app, it says "Unit not installed". Any ideas?
Your dealer has to set it up for you.

Considering I missed out on optioning Scorpion when I had the chance, can anyone recommend good aftermarket alternatives for use in the US?