• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Securing Frunk

Biggles of Norwich

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Curiosity got the better of me, and I had an eye on opening the front access panel (or Frunk cover) when at car shows (to answer the inevitable questions!). I got it open no bother following the simple instructions in the hand book, but it mentions a slotted plate, which the support stay should fit into. This plate isn't there on my car. Has anyone else had their access panel open and have you got the slotted plate? The metal plate you can see in the second image below is the securing bracket, there's no way the stay would fit into that.
IMG20240819142011.jpg
IMG20240819142014.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny, but every time I've used that prop to hold my service panel up, I had a helluva time getting it back out. I'd have to fight with it for what felt like a few minutes to finally get it detached.

Last edited:
It's funny, but every time I've used that prop to hold by service panel up, I had a helluva time getting it back out. I'd have to fight with it for what felt like a few minutes to finally get it detached.
Similar with mine, not quite at the level of having to fight with it but definitely takes a bit of effort to get the prop free.