• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Share your information about Emira i4 delivery

Nick219

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd like to propose that we share the current situation about i4 delivery on this thread.
I placed the order last May 2022, and I was told by Sales consultant that "your i4 expectedly will be delivered until summer time in 2024". Having that info, I will need to wait for more than 2years which make me exhausted and tend to lose my passion....
I hope this thread can become a place to release our frustration to some extent.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi Nick. There's already been quite a bit of frustration released on other threads like the Race to the First i4. I think there are a few of us in the UK who placed their order around July/August 2021 including myself (I had to go and double check my emails as I couldn't believe it's been so long!). The last official email comms from Lotus CC here promised build slots in October and November but we know from calling them that unofficially this is slipped to Q1 next year but they are staying tight lipped on the reasons for the latest delay. Apparently there are some more official comms due "soon"?

Edit: Oops - didn't spot this was a Japan subforum post! Well - feel free to use this info for reference fwiw :)

Last edited:

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd like to propose that we share the current situation about i4 delivery on this thread.
Since this thread was created in the Japan Regional section, are you expecting Japan specific i4 information? If so, it might help if you posted in Japanese (and ask the moderators to update the thread title) !

Japan フォーラム下に作成した目的が日本限定の i4 待ち情報について話すことだったのであれば、タイトルと投稿に日本語を入れておいた方がよろしいかと思います。英語のハードルを下げるためにも有効ですよ!

khiro

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
このスレッドで i4 配信に関する現状を共有することを提案したいと思います。
私は昨年 2022 年 5 月に注文しましたが、販売コンサルタントからは、「あなたの i4 は 2024 年の夏までに納入される予定です」と言われました。その情報を持っていると、2年以上待つ必要があり、疲れ果てて情熱を失いがちです...
このスレが少しでも鬱憤を晴らす場所になれば幸いです。
このスレッドを立ててくれてありがとう。

OP
Nick219

Nick219

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi Nick. There's already been quite a bit of frustration released on other threads like the Race to the First i4. I think there are a few of us in the UK who placed their order around July/August 2021 including myself (I had to go and double check my emails as I couldn't believe it's been so long!). The last official email comms from Lotus CC here promised build slots in October and November but we know from calling them that unofficially this is slipped to Q1 next year but they are staying tight lipped on the reasons for the latest delay. Apparently there are some more official comms due "soon"?

Edit: Oops - didn't spot this was a Japan subforum post! Well - feel free to use this info for reference fwiw :)
Well, this thread was for Japan, but you are always welcome!
Now I realized that the comments from dealers are "same" in the globe... what I can do is,,, nothing...

OP
Nick219

Nick219

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Since this thread was created in the Japan Regional section, are you expecting Japan specific i4 information? If so, it might help if you posted in Japanese (and ask the moderators to update the thread title) !

Japan フォーラム下に作成した目的が日本限定の i4 待ち情報について話すことだったのであれば、タイトルと投稿に日本語を入れておいた方がよろしいかと思います。英語のハードルを下げるためにも有効ですよ!
You are absolutely right! I'm lazy enough and hesitated to write down messages by two languages...
確かにそのとおりですね。怠け者なので、面倒くさがって2つの言語で書くのをサボってしまいました。。

OP
Nick219

Nick219

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
このスレッドを立ててくれてありがとう。
Actually, I'm doubting a delivery of Emira i4 in summer time although my sales person has stated several times... we are still in Nov/'23.
実際には2024年夏は”怪しいのでは?”と感じています。まだ11月なのに。

OP
Nick219

Nick219

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have been told by the importer that they no longer accept the specification change on i4 since manufacturing schedule seems to be fixed. I was thinking to change my i4 color to the other one, but which wasn't possible.
I hope manufacturing of i4 takes place in Q2 and is delivered in Q3 in Japan.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I hope manufacturing of i4 takes place in Q2 and is delivered in Q3 in Japan.
If spec changes aren't accepted anymore, I would hope that means progress is being made, and the i4 cars will be shipped SOON !

車体色変更ができないのは残念ですが、きっと元の色の方がいいですよ!仕様変更を受け付けなくなったというのはそれだけ納車が近づいているのだと前向きにとらえましょう!

OP
Nick219

Nick219

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Indeed! Since too long lead time makes me change my mind....
Lotus would initiate some procurement for i4, I hope!

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If spec changes aren't accepted anymore, I would hope that means progress is being made, and the i4 cars will be shipped SOON !

車体色変更ができないのは残念ですが、きっと元の色の方がいいですよ!仕様変更を受け付けなくなったというのはそれだけ納車が近づいているのだと前向きにとらえましょう!

To not accepting changes to specs after they have been fixed (by the customer) has been the LCI (Japan Lotus importer) policy. I locked my specs for i4 FE in April 2022, but was allowed to change from black to silver wheels in autumn same year.

During 2023 I was told by LCI staff that the first Japan cars were to be manufactured in November, but I then heard from LCI in early December that the manufacturing of the first batch of Japan market cars had been moved to January 2024 (this month).

After manufacturing, the cars also have to be shipped, possibly through the Suez Canal and Red Sea which has now almost become a war zone. (Maybe some other member have more knowledge of possible ocean shipping routes for Emira?)

And finally; since the i4 is a new car model in its new configuration with AMG M139 engine and DCT gearbox, it will require a complete homologation process in Japan. It also complicates things that the final EU and UK approval for i4 has not yet been granted, and that this will take until summer 2024.

If we are very lucky 🍀, Japan deliveries will begin after the initial manufacturing supposedly now in January 2024 which would mean that we possibly can have i4 FE delivered to us customers in Japan late winter or in spring (2024).

Please use Google Translate. My written Japanese is poor enough to make you suffer ^_^ (But I will talk to you in Japanese any day 😃)

Zayex

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
To not accepting changes to specs after they have been fixed (by the customer) has been the LCI (Japan Lotus importer) policy. I locked my specs for i4 FE in April 2022, but was allowed to change from black to silver wheels in autumn same year.

During 2023 I was told by LCI staff that the first Japan cars were to be manufactured in November, but I then heard from LCI in early December that the manufacturing of the first batch of Japan market cars had been moved to January 2024 (this month).

After manufacturing, the cars also have to be shipped, possibly through the Suez Canal and Red Sea which has now almost become a war zone. (Maybe some other member have more knowledge of possible ocean shipping routes for Emira?)

And finally; since the i4 is a new car model in its new configuration with AMG M139 engine and DCT gearbox, it will require a complete homologation process in Japan. It also complicates things that the final EU and UK approval for i4 has not yet been granted, and that this will take until summer 2024.

If we are very lucky 🍀, Japan deliveries will begin after the initial manufacturing supposedly now in January 2024 which would mean that we possibly can have i4 FE delivered to us customers in Japan late winter or in spring (2024).

Please use Google Translate. My written Japanese is poor enough to make you suffer ^_^ (But I will talk to you in Japanese any day 😃)

Believe me when I tell you that I am as anxious as you are for you to get your car. We all win if they start delivering I4s out of the Chinese market. I'm disappointed for mates who have a VIN and know there is no car behind it.

Please advise if you have any updates.

We live on those crumbs, because if it's through the official channel.... we are lost

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Am I missing something here? How can anybody have a VIN if car is not manufactured yet?
There are some of us with UK I4 orders who have a VIN on My Lotus but Lotus won't give any explanation as to what that means. Now, yes you'd expect a VIN to mean a manufactured car but supposedly UK I4s haven't entered production yet.... It could be that a VIN was assigned to an order prior to a last-minute production delay or of course it could be that these cars have indeed been produced and are just having to be stored until whatever is holding up approval is sorted, but at the end of the day we just don't know.

There still appear to be a significant number of ships using the Suez route looking at online ship tracking. May be interesting if we knew whether cars were still being shipped successfully to China or not, as I guess they would also be using that route. Presumably if Suez becomes unviable they could theoretically send the cars West rather than East (sea-distances.org suggests 46 days UK to Japan via Suez, 52 via Panama).

How complicated the lack of EU/UK approval is for you in Japan I guess in part depends on what is holding things up here - I'm not convinced that the hold-up is purely emissions related, so hopefully they've been able to supply the correct homologation information to allow you to get your cars sooner... would certainly be good to hear about non-China I4s being delivered at least somewhere in the world!

OP
Nick219

Nick219

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Well, that is what I expected! but I assume homologation at Japan would take some time, this means we may be able to get it sometime in summer.... I'll keep you all posted.