Sluggish throttle compared to Demo a year ago

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi guys

Just took my delivery today. Super happy except noticed a huge sluggish feeling in the throttle compared to when I tried the demo back in 2023 and also the evoras I’ve driven. Dealer confirmed it’s from the CARB emission firmware.

is anyone else noticing the throttle problem? And is there any budget friendly flash ECU options available right now?

Cheers

IMG_3574.jpeg

drjazzsk

Reaction score
i thought we were told that whatever updates were done didn't effect performance. I sure hope that it didn't effect anything. I already thought the low end power/torque were to slow/low to begin with.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry, didn’t notice anything strange or sluggish with the throttle. I do drive in Sports mode 95% of the time (while bring careful with RPMs during break-in period).

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting... Is it only in tour mode? Did you test drive the other car in sport?

Also, once warranty is up, I imagine many will be doing a Jubu/Komotec ECU upgrade and bumping the power to 430. I think that power level and better mapping will make the Emira perfect!

OP
maplesyrup

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry, didn’t notice anything strange or sluggish with the throttle. I do drive in Sports mode 95% of the time (while bring careful with RPMs during break-in period).
I am for sure still in break in period. But I do notice a sluggish throttle with it maybe by like 5-10%? Not a huge amount but doesn’t feel the same as the demo car.

OP
maplesyrup

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting... Is it only in tour mode? Did you test drive the other car in sport?

Also, once warranty is up, I imagine many will be doing a Jubu/Komotec ECU upgrade and bumping the power to 430. I think that power level and better mapping will make the Emira perfect!
In both modes. I haven’t done track mode yet.

Also my hill assist keeps getting jammed and not release 🤦🏻‍♂️

OP
maplesyrup

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can you imagine just straight up lying so you don’t have to help a customer who dropped $100k on a product you sold them? Crazy this is still a thing.
They had to do that to sell the cars to majority of NA customers I guess it’s a necessary step.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just wondering out loud how many posts we will rack up over the marriage of [a subjective issue] and [dealer claims with zero details to back it up] while performing the break-in....

NOT saying there can't be an issue with the car, but how do we get some meat on the bone?

OP
maplesyrup

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just wondering out loud how many posts we will rack up over the marriage of [a subjective issue] and [dealer claims with zero details to back it up] while performing the break-in....

NOT saying there can't be an issue with the car, but how do we get some meat on the bone?
I know this topic is super subjective but I also know my cars too. For sure this is not the same throttle mapping as originally shown to us. They could claim “oh it don’t feel different to majority of the people” but truth is I noticed.

Even if we proved we were right, not much can be done as that change was necessary for the Californian old bums. so that’s why I’m asking for an ecu flash option.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Copy that! I wonder if we can get a few owners with a draggy or race box to do a before/after tune comparison. The device won't know when the throttle is pressed, but it wouldn't be hard to set up a repeatable test to show a 30-60 run when you drop the hammer. Then we all have numbers to talk about!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know this topic is super subjective but I also know my cars too. For sure this is not the same throttle mapping as originally shown to us. They could claim “oh it don’t feel different to majority of the people” but truth is I noticed.

Even if we proved we were right, not much can be done as that change was necessary for the Californian old bums. so that’s why I’m asking for an ecu flash option.

It's possible the US/CAN cars have a different tune than the UK/Euro spec demo cars, but the tune submitted originally for EPA certification is exactly the same as the CARB certification test results. No ECU flash was required to pass CARB, that was an unsubstantiated rumor and then the dealers parroted it from those facebook/forum rumors.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ironically I feel like my car is significantly quicker than the euro spec demos I drove. I walked away fairly concerned about power but after 1,200 miles I don’t need any more power at all. It has plenty unless you’re out there trying to drag race people.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ironically I feel like my car is significantly quicker than the euro spec demos I drove. I walked away fairly concerned about power but after 1,200 miles I don’t need any more power at all. It has plenty unless you’re out there trying to drag race people.
Same here, the decat I think makes a big difference. I also have the Larini exhaust, which reduced restrictions even more……I still might do a light ECU tune down the road, but probably wait until there are more options, including the US ones……

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Same here, the decat I think makes a big difference. I also have the Larini exhaust, which reduced restrictions even more……I still might do a light ECU tune down the road, but probably wait until there are more options, including the US ones……
I'd love to hear your Larini side by side with my decat-only. Let's set it up!

DV3M1RA

Reaction score
curious if the "sluggishness" you're feeling is the response on throttle application or some sort of rev hang?

from my recollection, the demo in YVR had reasonable throttle response but had a fair amount of rev hang.

Coreyalert3

Reaction score
I feel differently especially compared to my Evora 400 which was very random with throttle inputs downshifting. Heel toe downshifting is super satisfying in the Emira and I don't feel like I NEED an autoblip unit. I still may get one for super consistency when I want it but I'm absolutely nailing the mass majority already.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I feel differently especially compared to my Evora 400 which was very random with throttle inputs downshifting. Heel toe downshifting is super satisfying in the Emira and I don't feel like I NEED an autoblip unit. I still may get one for super consistency when I want it but I'm absolutely nailing the mass majority already.
I've never really worked on rev matching since I haven't had a manual in a LOONG time but I've been practicing it lately in the Emira after watching some YouTube videos on it. It's kind of fun and just adds to the level of engagement. Not fully there yet but I'm getting better!