So you’ve chosen a FE colour- what colour did you really want ?

A classic British Racing Green or Dark Metallic Blue which with the silver wheels Ive gone for would look pretty nice I think.
Seeing the Nimbus at Goodwood I was very happy with it however for the first time :)

I’ve gone Seneca blue , im sure I’ll be very happy with it when my i4 turns up. May be it’s one of the 6 FE colours you may have chosen anyway, however if I really had a proper colour choice , I’d have gone either aspen white or chrome orange. They will be base colours no doubt one day .
I have ended up going for Nimbus,

I was originally going for Hethel yellow; had it been a metallic with a flake I would have gone for that
I then went for the DV; had it turned out to be a proper BRG I would have gone for that
Also then considered the red; had it been a proper red I would have otherwise gone for that

But what I really would have liked to see, in order of preference, was:

A truly pearlescent white
A fiery metallic deep orange (gold to red flip flop)
Or the light metallic green others on here are showing (those mock-ups look amazing)

HighresScreenshot00113.jpg

Saw this matte orange chrome wrap on Instagram and thought it'd look awesome on an Emira!

After what will be a 3 year wait from deposit: Venom Green from Evija color palette is what my base V6 Manual is going to be painted from the factory or I am heading back to my Porsche rep hat in hand to beg forgivness.

Just bought '22 Soul Red MX-5RF to hold me over for 9-12 months till my base V6. Gets lots of compliments, something neither of my past Guards Red 911s ever did.
I really wanted an RF, great driving car. Unfortunately I can't see out of it. Rearview mirror blocks my whole field of vision on the right side. It was not designed for long-torso'd people. Big change from the gen1/gen2 cars back in the early days. I'm only 6ft tall, so it's not like I'm a crazy outlier. But man, it just doesn't work.

I really wanted an RF, great driving car. Unfortunately I can't see out of it. Rearview mirror blocks my whole field of vision on the right side. It was not designed for long-torso'd people. Big change from the gen1/gen2 cars back in the early days. I'm only 6ft tall, so it's not like I'm a crazy outlier. But man, it just doesn't work.
The seat sits too high. I bought a Sparco seat to replace the drivers side but it was too wide for the ’22. I am 6’ and use to driving a 914 and it is definitely snug.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back