• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Some neat cars at the dealer event yesterday, rare Exige included

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So I've seen maybe 1 Lotus in my life, but my dealer in Western NY has some neat cars. I sat in them, I could not physically drive them as I am too tall, but pretty cool either way.

There was an LF1 version of the Exige, they said it's basically a 1 of 1 car, commemorating a race win from back in the day. Also a nice orange 260. Just couldn't fit so couldn't test drive them unfortunately.

20221022_122829.jpg
20221022_143145.jpg
20221022_143111.jpg
20221022_122840.jpg

Very nice. I didn't think they'd exported the Exige LF1 to the US. There were 81 examples built, one for each Lotus F1 win, and they have a build plate with the year and circuit.

226E6C50-5562-48EC-A5FF-B4EEDA5CB352_1.jpg

Very nice. I didn't think they'd exported the Exige LF1 to the US. There were 81 examples built, one for each Lotus F1 win, and they have a build plate with the year and circuit.

226E6C50-5562-48EC-A5FF-B4EEDA5CB352_1.jpg
Yes, and this dealer is maybe 1.5 hours from Watkins. The owner is head of the classic car race they do there every year. Apparently there was a guy around yesterday who is president of the USA Lotus owners club or something, and his son Brian was the guy there from Lotus. Great people, I haven't gotten to talk with car guys (and see my wife's eyes roll) like that in a while 👍🏻

Yes, and this dealer is maybe 1.5 hours from Watkins. The owner is head of the classic car race they do there every year. Apparently there was a guy around yesterday who is president of the USA Lotus owners club or something, and his son Brian was the guy there from Lotus. Great people, I haven't gotten to talk with car guys (and see my wife's eyes roll) like that in a while 👍🏻
That would be Tony Vaccaro, President of Lotus Ltd and his son Brian.

I absolutely love those cars but unfortunately I am claustrophobic. I sat in an Exige when the Shadow Grey Emira was doing the USA tour last year and it was just too small. I guess it would be good for a track car but my nerves would be frazzled driving on regular roads. The Emira is right at my limit. And I had to lower that limit! I am glad people are saying it has good visibility.

Looks like they had a nice S3 Elise, too. Do you know if it was SC or not? If it was, that's also extremely rare. I believe there are only 57 in the US.
It was sc'd. This dealer has some neat stuff. Like, the actual jacket James Bond wore in a movie he drove a Lotus, etc.