• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Still won’t start any suggestions?

Its all interesting feedback and the emira isnt my first rodeo or lotus. Ive had an elise for 10 years. But its a new car and i have no intention of diagnosing the fault myself despite my ability to do so. im a software engineer by trade… there is no excuse for releasing an update that causes a problem this severe. And if a rollback fixes it then there should be a recall of the update…

i except issues happen and no software is without fault but the lack of communication from lotus is unacceptable. If i didnt talk to my clients for 3 weeks i would fully expect to get fired
Except it doesn't appear to 'cause a problem this severe' for every car that has the update, and that's the issue. If this happened to every single car that they tested the update on, of course they'd catch that and fix it before releasing it, but it didn't.

"No excuse..." "unacceptable"... So... are you still in, or are you out because Lotus isn't performing to your standards?

This is interesting. If this is the case why isnt this just the fix?
Why isn't what just the fix? Uninstalling the update that only affects some cars?

They're going to need to do the following:

Identify the date/production range of the cars that exhibit this issue. Identify which ones are fine before the update, aren't fine afterwards, and are fine again after it's removed. Identify the cars that aren't fine before or after, but the problem is more evident after the update. There's a combination of something hardware and software that only a certain range of cars are exhibiting. It may be a change in supplier for a particular module, or a module that also needs to be identified as to when that particular batch was made.

In addition to the software update, there's something else that the cars which are exhibiting this issue have in common, that's different from the cars produced before or after which aren't exhibiting this issue.

"No excuse..." "unacceptable"... So... are you still in, or are you out because Lotus isn't performing to your standards?
Well i dont think expecting my car to start reliably or expecting the promised call back from customer services or frankly any communication in a 3 week period when they have my brand new £90k car is particularly unreasonable. They have a chance to fix it. After that i will be requesting a refund. If customer services wasnt so so bad i would be more enthusiastic about a replacement. I love the car but its not an ornament on display, I want to drive it!

Well i dont think expecting my car to start reliably or expecting the promised call back from customer services or frankly any communication in a 3 week period when they have my brand new £90k car is particularly unreasonable. They have a chance to fix it. After that i will be requesting a refund. If customer services wasnt so so bad i would be more enthusiastic about a replacement. I love the car but its not an ornament on display, I want to drive it!
I didn't realize you actually had a car and it was in for service. That's a different story. I thought you just had a deposit in and was waiting for your car to be built and delivered.

In this case, I agree with you. 3 weeks without a call back or any communication is indeed unacceptable and inexcusable. Did they at least give you a loaner?

I didn't realize you actually had a car and it was in for service. That's a different story. I thought you just had a deposit in and was waiting for your car to be built and delivered.

In this case, I agree with you. 3 weeks without a call back or any communication is indeed unacceptable and inexcusable. Did they at least give you a loaner?
Yeah not one of the moaning pretenders. I actually have grounds to moan, to be fair they arranged a decent hire car from enterprise which was delivered the day they took mine away. But its not the car i bought.

The current situation is last conversation there was no known fix and no plan, its been 3 weeks since then…

Yeah not one of the moaning pretenders. I actually have grounds to moan, to be fair they arranged a decent hire car from enterprise which was delivered the day they took mine away. But its not the car i bought.

The current situation is last conversation there was no known fix and no plan, its been 3 weeks since then…
In today's litigation-happy world, companies seem to have taken the position of 'you can't be sued for what you didn't say', so if they don't have any news, they're just not saying nothing. Not the way I would do things, but I'm not in charge. I'd say in this case be the squeaky wheel, and call often. I know you shouldn't have to, but if it was me I'd want my car fixed and back more than feeling like I was doing something I shouldn't have to.

Due to the delay in communication, and the type of issue that's been described, there's a good chance they simply don't know anything yet. If you call and they tell you that, that's at least something. Hopefully this will get resolved satisfactorily for you soon.

Same issue here ... found this (below) in the user manual - removed my iPhone charging cable and my Ooono Speed Camera tracker - and it worked for me

lot.jpg

Same issue here ... found this (below) in the user manual - removed my iPhone charging cable and my Ooono Speed Camera tracker - and it worked for me

View attachment 43914
Howdy sir - did this actually work for you? ...I have this problem and it drives me crazy, I have a charger for my phone in the usb in front of the gear shifter and a dashcarm into the obd port

Back