Supercharger History - Latham Axial Flow

scc.131.fe

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey All,

I've worked two decades with turbomachinery and never knew this existed!

A great shout out to Edelbrock (who makes the Evora/Emira supercharger housing for our Eaton roots-type blower) who has obviously been partnering with blower makers for a very long time!

Can anyone else think of an automotive forced-induction method that adds mechanical work after the fuel is added?

Hey All,

I've worked two decades with turbomachinery and never knew this existed!

A great shout out to Edelbrock (who makes the Evora/Emira supercharger housing for our Eaton roots-type blower) who has obviously been partnering with blower makers for a very long time!

Can anyone else think of an automotive forced-induction method that adds mechanical work after the fuel is added?
I’m curious how the cooler works on the Emira supercharger with its placement on the side and not after the blower exit port. Maybe I’m not seeing how the superheated air is ducted before the intake?

Attachments

• IMG_1406.jpeg
    IMG_1406.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 5
I’m curious how the cooler works on the Emira supercharger with its placement on the side and not after the blower exit port. Maybe I’m not seeing how the superheated air is ducted before the intake?
similar to this Audi Eaton unit, except that the Audi 3.0 splits the SC exit flow left and right to flow over two heat exchangers, whereas the Lotus Eaton/Edelbrock unit sends all air (aft) through one HX.

Attachments

• 1000002606.jpg
    1000002606.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 3
similar to this Audi Eaton unit, except that the Audi 3.0 splits the SC exit flow left and right to flow over two heat exchangers, whereas the Lotus Eaton/Edelbrock unit sends all air (aft) through one HX.

Got it thanks. So after it’s cooled it has to make the split into each side of the cylinders. Twin 180 degree turns

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back