Swapping steering wheels - possibility and cost?

jamesgareth

Reaction score
A very good morning to one and all.

I've posted a bit about this on one of the other threads - but this is now a more specific question that somebody may know the answer to.

I'm in the market for one of these magnificent machines - I've got around £65K which seems more than enough (there are several delivery milage 2024 one's on AT for less than that). But here's the thing. I don't like alcantara steering wheels (each unto his own huh). Yet some of the cars I am looking for - that have all the other bits of spec I want (colour combinations engine etc) - have alcantara wheels.

So what do you think the deal would be for me to simply swap the wheel over after I buy the car?

How hard would that be (not for me to do the labour myself necessarily)?

Like do you think Lotus would sell me a leather steering wheel? How much do you think that would cost and what labour do you think that would be? Seeing as you can swap an F1 wheel in about 3 nanoseconds I'm not thinking it's a major job - but then you've got the airbag set up to consider which may cause complications/delays.

Anybody got any experience here? I will try doing some research and contact Lotus too - but I was just wondering if anybody here had any experience or know-how in this area.

Cheers.

James.

You can order a fully customized wheel from Greg's Racing Parts. It is based off the OEM wheel and you can have it made with any combination of material and colours you want.
There are options to re use your original airbag or have that redone aswell. The price is reasonable and quality is really good.
Once you receive it, the install is quick and simple.
Here's mine:

12D09242-71EF-48F2-93A8-11C0F3698D5D.JPG

Last edited:
You can order a fully customized wheel from Greg's Racing Parts. It is based off the OEM wheel and you can have it made with the combination of material and colors you want.
There are options to re use your original airbag or have that redone aswell. The price is reasonable and quality is really good.
Once you receive it, the install is quick and simple.
Here's mine:

View attachment 53594
Interesting. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back