Swapping steering wheels - possibility and cost?

jamesgareth

Reaction score
A very good morning to one and all.

I've posted a bit about this on one of the other threads - but this is now a more specific question that somebody may know the answer to.

I'm in the market for one of these magnificent machines - I've got around £65K which seems more than enough (there are several delivery milage 2024 one's on AT for less than that). But here's the thing. I don't like alcantara steering wheels (each unto his own huh). Yet some of the cars I am looking for - that have all the other bits of spec I want (colour combinations engine etc) - have alcantara wheels.

So what do you think the deal would be for me to simply swap the wheel over after I buy the car?

How hard would that be (not for me to do the labour myself necessarily)?

Like do you think Lotus would sell me a leather steering wheel? How much do you think that would cost and what labour do you think that would be? Seeing as you can swap an F1 wheel in about 3 nanoseconds I'm not thinking it's a major job - but then you've got the airbag set up to consider which may cause complications/delays.

Anybody got any experience here? I will try doing some research and contact Lotus too - but I was just wondering if anybody here had any experience or know-how in this area.

Cheers.

James.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back