Tailgating

The hood on the STi is aluminum and easy to dent. The two dents were suspiciously positioned as if someone leaned back against the car for a photo and pushed down on their hands. Car was less than two weeks old at the time. 🤬
Sorry to hear that. I bought my blobeye WRX in 2004 and let me tell you, I got a lot of people messing with me since the STi had just come out that year.

Chuckle — must be American thinking. In Australia this would be a very costly “safety” method.
I have high conviction about this. I'm not speeding significantly. I am however, coming up on other people's blind spots and actively avoiding them. I also check my mirrors often for fast traffic behind me. This approach ensures that I almost never have someone in my blindspot unless they are moving REALLY fast and/or change multiple lanes into my blindspot. I also actively avoid cars that obviously are on their phones, not good drivers, etc. When I drive slower than traffic people are in my blindspot all the time and I spend a lot of time checking my blindspots because it's harder to keep track of who might be there.

As Doug mentions in the video- parking is a challenge. Such a challenge for me, in fact, that it has so far been a Point A to Point A car for me- I will not park it anywhere. I had an STi when it first came out in the US and had my doors scratched and hood dented by people “checking out” my car when I popped into the store. Eventually that stopped once more STis hit the road, but I was the first in the state to get one and it got a LOT of attention (I even had two people follow me home to ask me about it- very creepy). Because of that experience, I cannot bring myself to do anything but drive it around then put it right back into the garage.
Admiring cars is all good. I do it all the time. Peak inside, etc. However, touching or damaging someone else's property is not acceptable. Sorry you experienced this.

Admiring cars is all good. I do it all the time. Peak inside, etc. However, touching or damaging someone else's property is not acceptable. Sorry you experienced this.
Agreed. I’ve spent a lifetime admiring the beautiful cars of others. I find that most people, especially “car” people, are very respectful. Unfortunately, when you park in public, it only takes one jerk who thinks they can molest your car to ruin your day (week, month, rest of ownership).

Luckily I don't have that problem in the DC area and Orlando. Too many other fancy cars around.

Back