• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The engine fault light remains on.

I would reset it and see if it comes on again. I would drive it and see it if reappears. When I first got my car it had a "invalid data from vehicle dynamics control module". The guy at Autozone used to be a Lotus tech, imagine that. He said it's probably a glitch. He reset it (before I had an OBD reader) and four months later it never has come back.
thanks for your help :)

I'm a noob when it comes to OBD and resetting errors etc... can you help me clarify my understanding?

the amber engine warning light comes on each time I fire up the engine now.. is that because it's flagged the error once and so it stays there until reset? or because it is repeatedly flagging the error every time I turn on the engine?

I imagine clearing the error will then illustrate whether the error is flagged repeatedly or not..? like you say - it might not come back if it was a one time glitch?

thanks for your help :)

I'm a noob when it comes to OBD and resetting errors etc... can you help me clarify my understanding?

the amber engine warning light comes on each time I fire up the engine now.. is that because it's flagged the error once and so it stays there until reset? or because it is repeatedly flagging the error every time I turn on the engine?

I imagine clearing the error will then illustrate whether the error is flagged repeatedly or not..? like you say - it might not come back if it was a one time glitch?
Some errors 'stick' and some can clear themselves - I have a VW Caddy and a VW T6 - both can bring up the engine fault simply by me going to a different filling station than normal.

Seem to be hypersensitive. Those faults will clear after a while.

My wife's Audi Q3 decided it had an Airbag fault (lose connection under the seat). That had to be cleared with the reader - maybe it's a safety thing?

Do you have an OBD reader ?

Generally speaking - even the terrible ones (I have 2, one good, one bad) - but they will list any errors and allow you to clear them.

I turned the car on this weekend and the engine check light has gone away! Drove a fair distance into London & back, no issues. Hooray?!

But running another scan once home, it seems I now have 2 error codes logged… (same as before plus a new one)

IMG_0045.jpeg

Should I be more concerned that it’s got 2 errors now? Or chilled as the dashboard light is not on anymore?

I turned the car on this weekend and the engine check light has gone away! Drove a fair distance into London & back, no issues. Hooray?!

But running another scan once home, it seems I now have 2 error codes logged… (same as before plus a new one)

View attachment 49502

Should I be more concerned that it’s got 2 errors now? Or chilled as the dashboard light is not on anymore?
Using the same app just clear them and see if they come back after a while. These communication errors are somewhat known on the Emira.. Most of the time they just don't come back so nothing to worry about. If they are persistent I'd let the dealer check it, but don't get your hopes up lol