• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The I4 Emira is just a PONZI scheme

The facts :

1) the I4 EMIRA version shown in person for people to sit and touch at dealers was just a "pusher" unit driven by electric motors
2) Not one I4 has been spotted in the wild
3) Not one I4 has been driven by any human for evaluation or review
4) Not one I4 EMIRA has been photographed or video recorded operating with the I4 engine under its own power.
5) the video of "Lotus a new Dawn" showing the prototype was some just some cobbled together mess and was just made to solicit deposits
6) No one has heard the I4 engine in the EMIRA. ( Lotus a new Dawn video was just a I4 engine pulled from an A class M-B dropped into a EVORA to keep
the fraud going)
7) Matt Windell made a cryptic post about taking some time off ( most likely leaving to non extraditing Brazil with all the I4 deposits)

its looking more and more that the I4 Emira is nothing other than another "Theranos Elizabeth Holmes" ponzi scam

This is the "white paper" research project I am sending to the wall street journal to investigate !!

THE I4 EMIRA is a PONZI SCHEME !!

Your facts aren't quite true, but why let that get in the way of a good rumour and a discussion!

I've seen a dozen i4 pre-production cars built or mid-build at Hethel, back in January. There have been spy shots of them in UK and Europe heading to industry test sites (admittedly only a handful of pics). I've spoken to Lotus engineers about the i4 testing, so know they've been doing a lot of development work. Hence my previous comments about the thermal challenges. I know there's a target timeline covering the next 6 months, through to type approval, press reviews and dealer demos.

If you think the i4 is a scam, you really need to be looking at the Lotus NFTs... ;)

The facts :

1) the I4 EMIRA version shown in person for people to sit and touch at dealers was just a "pusher" unit driven by electric motors
2) Not one I4 has been spotted in the wild
3) Not one I4 has been driven by any human for evaluation or review
4) Not one I4 EMIRA has been photographed or video recorded operating with the I4 engine under its own power.
5) the video of "Lotus a new Dawn" showing the prototype was some just some cobbled together mess and was just made to solicit deposits
6) No one has heard the I4 engine in the EMIRA. ( Lotus a new Dawn video was just a I4 engine pulled from an A class M-B dropped into a EVORA to keep
the fraud going)
7) Matt Windell made a cryptic post about taking some time off ( most likely leaving to non extraditing Brazil with all the I4 deposits)

its looking more and more that the I4 Emira is nothing other than another "Theranos Elizabeth Holmes" ponzi scam

This is the "white paper" research project I am sending to the wall street journal to investigate !!

THE I4 EMIRA is a PONZI SCHEME !!
Well....re (2) and (4), myself and another tour attendee heard an Emira go past us as we waited at the gates prior to the start of the tour - it didn't sound like the V6 so we thought it may be an i4 test mule. This is back in April.....

Well....re (2) and (4), myself and another tour attendee heard an Emira go past us as we waited at the gates prior to the start of the tour - it didn't sound like the V6 so we thought it may be an i4 test mule. This is back in April.....
the weird thing is that Lotus never admitted any i4 been produced nor tested. The i4 emira is like the unicorn, some people said they had seen it even touched it, but there was no picture nor video of it.

the weird thing is that Lotus never admitted any i4 been produced nor tested. The i4 emira is like the unicorn, some people said they had seen it even touched it, but there was no picture nor video of it.
Speaking to Matt in June he said there were many in I4s in testing and prototypes built. There was also an i4 with Emira stickers spotted about 6 months ago crossing a border somewhere. I’ll try to find the photo. But there aren’t any video recordings of I4 Emira prototypes with sound as of yet.

the i4 was presented in a UK dealer / aftermarket event recently , I trust the opinion of Dave Garthwaite from seriously lotus about his experience of both cars he drove on track

Why would they ever show off a new engine when they have a building full of v6 engines to get rid of before 2025…
The last thing they would want to do is sway people over to the i4 before they have built and sold off the v6’s.

Because the tax in various countries is eye-watering on the V6, so they need to offer the i4 to sell cars there.

I agree with Rudolph, that development was harder than V6. Tom has pointed out that the heat issue may be a major one.

I also think that by launching the i4 will be damaging to the V6. Although the manual enthusiast (me) will still buy the V6 for that reason, it seems that people have driven the i4 and prefer it. Jenson Button during a podcast said flat out he would choose the i4 to the manual Emira. Remember he is using the V6 in the Radford Lotus. So for him to say that really shows that the car will be more fitting to the i4. Every reviewer has also said they feel that the i4 might be the be the better car. I think some of them have perhaps driven/heard the car around Hethel during the time there, but obviously have confidentiality agreements for reviews on what they hear and see while at Hethel.

So in closing, I do think the i4 Emira will perform and feel much more modern. I am fairly certain they don't want to steal the V6 thunder just yet. I still want a manual. Call me old, but it's just special to me.
I agree the I4 will push the Emira to new heights. And nothing generates buzz like tuners dragging 500hp emiras up and down the 1/4

Finally an hilarious thread to help us overcome the boredom of waiting for our ordered and contracted I4 (the market price in Japan where I live is about 14 mill JPY - very close to 100,000 US$or 87,000 GBP, and I have paid 10% and signed a contract to buy the car with delivery after May 2023).

Like everyone, I am also frustrated that Lotus does not show any prototype or let us know anything about what the I4 is going to be like. There are rampant opinions on the internet that the I4 is the cheaper version for markets with higher tax on larger capacity, higher pollution engines. However, early on, one of the most respected and knowledgeable Lotus technicians in Japan who repairs, services, and modifies Lotus cars, while also racing them, told me that the I4 will be the better handling and performing version which is truly a worthy new Lotus with pedigree.

I think it is unfortunate that Lotus keeps the I4 under wraps while selling as many V6 cars as possible, and especially with parts shortages, deliveries of all cars are lagging. However, I personally believe that the I4 will eventually be presented to the press and delivered to waiting customers. Hopefully the delay will result in a better developed car that lives up to our expectations.

I am personally in favor of the Dual Clutch Transmission (that unlike torque converter automatic gearboxes are more like two parallel manual gearboxes). This is also in principle identical to the preferred and favored PDK gearbox for Porsche, and here in Japan we are blessed with the extremely fast accelerating Nissan GTR that also has such a gearbox. It is a known fact that such gearboxes provides quicker shifts than is "humanly possible". Besides, I am done with driving any car with a clutch pedal in congested Japan traffic. It is also a known fact that the proper technique of driving a DCT/PDK is different from driving a torque converter automatic (one must avoid letting the car slipping on the clutches in slow traffic).

I have already done my duty driving many cars with manual transmission (including three Mazda RX-7s), clutching my way through endless queues of traffic. DCT/PDK is something that I am very excited to experience in my I4 FE, and I think this will be the crowning of a perfect Emira, just the way Colin Chapman would have loved it.

Last edited:
Reddit has an entire discussion comparing the Emira I4 non operating "pusher" display car shown at the dealer reveals to the Lotus non functional shell only show car "pushers" that Danny Behar brought to the 2010 Paris car show.

Some one on reddit said that Matt Wendell fled to Brazil.

In the true tradition of building show car "pushers" the Lotus 007 Bond submarine was another famous "pusher" that was another faker that was never a sub.

The I4 is a Ponzi scheme !!! ........and it is beginning to UNRAVEL !!

(P.S. the V6 is NOT a Ponzi Scheme)

Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 12.39.18 AM.png

Last edited:
Reddit has an entire discussion comparing the Emira I4 non operating "pusher" display car shown at the dealer reveals to the Lotus non functional shell only show car "pushers" that Danny Behar brought to the 2010 Paris car show.

Some one on reddit said that Matt Wendell fled to Brazil.

In the true tradition of building show car "pushers" the Lotus 007 Bond submarine was another famous "pusher" that was another faker that was never a sub.

The I4 is a Ponzi scheme !!! ........and it is beginning to UNRAVEL !!

(P.S. the V6 is NOT a Ponzi Scheme)

View attachment 8469

Link to the reddit?

I’m just saying that if you’re in this for the 0-60 and quarter mile times your money is best spent elsewhere.
Def not but I do look forward to tuners cracking the box. I’m all about tuning a street car, just sharing VAGS best one with you boys