• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The watches thread

Wondering what the Emira watch elitists here think of Xeric watches? Realizing they are nowhere near the same level as Rolex, Omega, Breitling, etc.. I'm wondering about quality and general consensus among watch enthusiasts. I'm more of a Seiko and Citizen guy myself, but I like this Xeric Hyperspace Automatic Photon because it's not only super unique looking, but also matches my Lotus... and I can get it for ~60% off right now. :alien:
I don't have any experience with Xeric watches, but that is a cool-looking watch! I think it would pair well with your Lotus.

Wondering what the Emira watch elitists here think of Xeric watches? Realizing they are nowhere near the same level as Rolex, Omega, Breitling, etc.. I'm wondering about quality and general consensus among watch enthusiasts. I'm more of a Seiko and Citizen guy myself, but I like this Xeric Hyperspace Automatic Photon because it's not only super unique looking, but also matches my Lotus... and I can get it for ~60% off right now. :alien:
If the green matches your car, there's no reason not to get it!

It's very Millennium Falcon entering hyperspace.

Which incidentally is what I'm doing with no car.
PXL_20240828_231537018.MP.jpg

With the gradual increase of Emiras on the road and Eletre and Emeya cars debuting around the world, I am hoping for a more generally available Lotus themed watch. Something in titanium, similar to the Breitling Chronomat B01 42 Triumph would be nice...
View attachment 50338
Oh wow, I thought I had recovered from my Breitling illness and now you show me this, thanks a lot @virtualmacho! After recovering (I thought) from said illness and several unnecessary purchases large and small (my affliction runs mostly towards Omega and Breitling, but others were included along the way), I saw this on ebay recently and decided I had to have it.
1724896113483.png

Oh wow, I thought I had recovered from my Breitling illness and now you show me this, thanks a lot @virtualmacho! After recovering (I thought) from said illness and several unnecessary purchases large and small (my affliction runs mostly towards Omega and Breitling, but others were included along the way), I saw this on ebay recently and decided I had to have it. View attachment 50661

Nice! I think @NicolasB would appreciate this one.

I'm digging this Titanium dive watch from Christopher Ward.

Me too particularly in orange. I saw the announcement this morning. Got a bit of a soft spot for CW. My titanium “The Twelve” is fantastic

Last edited:
Anniversary Breitling in JPS colors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240829-125439.png
    Screenshot_20240829-125439.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
What's 30k for a single watch?

Attachments

• Img_2024_08_30_14_35_50.jpeg
    Img_2024_08_30_14_35_50.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 5
Pffaff! Why not buy a REAL MOON WATCH in true "he-man metal" (solid gold)...the Omega commemorative 50th anniversary version of the Apollo Speedmaster...the first watch on the moon (lol). A better match for someone like me with a Vivid Red Emira and a mere C$47K for a scratched-up well used one (cheapest):

or up to C$114K for a new one (most expensive version of this watch I could find w/o searching a ton):

OR if neither satisfy you and you want to go "all-out" then there's the Omega Apollo skeleton version for even more (C$168K):

All of which proves that you can spend totally different amounts on something that does the same function (keeps time)...from a cheap replica for 10 bucks, up to a limited/rare watch with a ton of complications costing millions. Oh to be able to indulge this watch collecting curse and still remain happily married...like Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Arnault, Bill Gates, Larry Ellison, or others with unlimited amounts of money...not saying anything about their marriages, since "money isn't everything"; just much of everything (lol; sigh).

I agree, you NEED that Apollo edition to go with your car! That Skeleton model is a work of art! 🤑

Was on the fence between the watch and a Triumph Street Triple 765RS, but decided against both 😁
Went to see the actual watch today. It was heavier than I had expected, but looked very, very nice. Heart vs Brain, the battle contInues...

Attachments

• PXL_20240926_091959186.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20240926_091959186.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 11
My daily is a Marathon CSAR
Its built like a tank and has never let me down. Desperately needs a service, so a trip to Angelsey is required to drop it off with someone I trust
I have this on order
Always liked the Breitling Navitimer, but never knew that Sinn bought the design off them and I have always wanted a Sinn watch

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back