• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Thoughts on Shadow Grey?

Lauren

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have just collected my Emira I4 in Shadow Grey. Unfortunately, I'm not too pleased with the colour (it looks more black than grey!) As I ordered my car on the website in January 2023 I didn't get the opportunity to see any colour samples.

In hindsight, I wish I had gone for Red with Full Black Pack and Gloss Black Wheels 🤔

Your thoughts on Shadow Grey?

Attachments

• IMG-20240725-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20240725-WA0020.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 152
Hi Folks,

I have just collected my Emira I4 in Shadow Grey. Unfortunately, I'm not too pleased with the colour (it looks more black than grey!) As I ordered my car on the website in January 2023 I didn't get the opportunity to see any colour samples.

In hindsight, I wish I had gone for Red with Full Black Pack and Gloss Black Wheels 🤔

You could always wrap it in a different color. Or maybe the dealer has a stranded car you like better and can pick that up instead?

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

Wrap it red!!

Shadow grey was the first Emira I saw in the flesh, didnt really blow me away, but its a classy color.

Shadow grey was the first Emira I saw in the flesh, didnt really blow me away, but its a classy color.
I've had a Shadow Grey V6 since last April, I love it, wait till you see it in bright sunlight the blue and Silver fleck really lift the colour, another benefit, it does not show the dirt.
Still always a head turner.
Also why follow the herd, everybody seems to love mine
Roland

I've had a Shadow Grey V6 since last April, I love it, wait till you see it in bright sunlight the blue and Silver fleck really lift the colour, another benefit, it does not show the dirt.
Still always a head turner.
Also why follow the herd, everybody seems to love mine
Roland
Thank you... Hopefully, in the days to come I will like the colour as much as you do 😊

Thank you... Hopefully, in the days to come I will like the colour as much as you do 😊
Hopefully you will. Of the original released colours Shadow was my personal favourite, I decided to wait until the second batch of colours were released before ordering. I opted for Zinc grey and I’m still waiting after my Q1 2024 was postponed. Im sure it’ll come good for you.

Hopefully you will. Of the original released colours Shadow was my personal favourite, I decided to wait until the second batch of colours were released before ordering. I opted for Zinc grey and I’m still waiting after my Q1 2024 was postponed. Im sure it’ll come good for you.
Thank you 😊

Lauren,

What part of Uk are you, we could have picture of the rarest colour together

Roland

I've seen the shadow gey in person twice and liked it. It was on my list of possible configurations. I went with seneca blue but shadow grey with the red interior was really tugging at my heart strings..

I've seen the shadow gey in person twice and liked it. It was on my list of possible configurations. I went with seneca blue but shadow grey with the red interior was really tugging at my heart strings..
Thank you for taking the time to reply... Fingers crossed, I will get to like it, if not it will be up on Auto Trader 😂

Hi Folks,

When I saw your post I initially thought you were joking and posted a picture of a black car, so understand totally.

I didn't like the colour of my wheels either and had them powder-coated gloss black and ceramic coated for £400. You could have the roof covered with black gloss ppf that is indistinguishable from paint if done to a high standard.

Shadow gray looks boring in photos and it is really dark but I saw one in person at the dealer and its a really nice paint. That said I still think the lighter shades are better on the Emira to show all the great creases and curves.

Wraps are a lot cheaper if your car already has a black pack. I received quotes from $2800-$3200.

Your car is dark grey so you would not have to wrap the door jams as well.

I'd use this as an opportunity to have whatever unique color you like.

Love my shadow grey Emira. Classy in my opinion and fewer of them about. I particularly like the blue tint it has in full sunlight.

Shadow gray looks boring in photos and it is really dark but I saw one in person at the dealer and its a really nice paint. That said I still think the lighter shades are better on the Emira to show all the great creases and curves.
Yep agree... Shadow Grey doesn't stand out like some of the other colours. Lesson learnt...Next time I order a car online I will not make the same mistake by not physically seeing the colours first hand!

Attachments

• IMG_20240726_125241.jpg
    IMG_20240726_125241.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 64
Thank you for taking the time to reply... Fingers crossed, I will get to like it, if not it will be up on Auto Trader 😂
Hope the colour grows on you, I do personally like shadow grey, it's second for me behind DV from the original selection of colours.

However, if you love the car but are still disappointed in the colour, I'd definitely look into wrapping the car to be more to your tastes, you'd then be able to fully enjoy the car and I'd expect it'd cost you less than you'd probably be looking at losing in depreciation if selling.