To me the Emira looks so much better than both the GT3 and GT4.

Mainland EU...you can still get GT3 Touring slots, even when you never bought a new Porsche via a dealer. I was offered 2022 slot by one dealer and 2023 by another...

Then when will the facelift be released? 2024? I don't like the current shape of the GT3 nose, very similar to 991.1 GT3...the gen 2 991 upgrade was a massive one. Its also the car I have today...manual! Absolutely brilliant.

So I plan to wait out until facelift gets released and see if I like it more. Other than that you can expect fuel powered GT3's for longer time, running synthetic fuels and CO2 compensated by the rest of the VW Group fleet.

Next to my GT3 my old Exige V6 manual was an absolute favorite. Sold it in January as Emira will be next (V6 manual) and I have a slot in September/October I have been told.

Exiting times, with the Emira the absolute highlight coming up this year!!!

I spent a half day calling over 30 dealerships in the Midwest to see which non adm ones I could find and would sell to me. I found 4 or so. I have since found more. I’ll give you two for free. The Porsche exchange in Chicago, and Hennessy Porsche in Atlanta. There’s more in Ohio, North Carolina, Tennessee and other states.

As a fun “bad” fact: Porsche St Louis was the worst. They wanted $100k ADM for a GT4. Not a GT4RS but a GT4.

I put down the deposit on the GT4 based on your posts. At first the salesperson wasn't really receptive. After I told him I didn't want the car until 2024 he completely changed. No guarantee obviously but he was very positive about moving forward with my time frame. I know you can get used cars but I want to take a chance at getting my own spec. Of course the Emira is by far my number one choice but "hope for the best and plan for the worst" is what I am doing here. I want a mid engine manual car in my price range and there are only two options I see on the market.

I put down the deposit on the GT4 based on your posts. At first the salesperson wasn't really receptive. After I told him I didn't want the car until 2024 he completely changed. No guarantee obviously but he was very positive about moving forward with my time frame. I know you can get used cars but I want to take a chance at getting my own spec. Of course the Emira is by far my number one choice but "hope for the best and plan for the worst" is what I am doing here. I want a mid engine manual car in my price range and there are only two options I see on the market.
How many dealerships did you try?

You get treated with respect by your Porsche dealer? I can't seem to get the one here (Arlington, VA) to be anything other than dismissive and rude. I would have bought a nicely equipped Macan S from them a few years ago but they were so consistently weird and standoffish, I went elsewhere and bought a BMW instead. I haven't had good experiences at Porsche dealers, and I'm a professionally dressed guy in his 40s with perfect credit and enough scratch to afford what they're selling. If they're like that toward me, I can't imagine how they treat people that don't fit the demographic.
"I'm a professionally dressed guy in his mid 40's."
And I always thought it was my messed up bed head hair, my frumpy, baggy potato sac attire, my all day long halitosis, my 20 year old Coke bottle glasses, and my quite offensive body odor that really turned off the Porsche sales people.
Good to know it wasn't any of those. 🤣😉

Just one, Hennessy in Atlanta like you said.
Wow easy work then lol. Nice

Edit: the best thing about Hennessy is that they are so close to PECATL that you may as well do the Atlanta delivery and then the dealer being out of state is no big deal. Plus you can still see the dealer

IMHO, the GT3 hit its peak at 991.2 form.

The 992 GT3 is a beast and provides monumental performance, but it just.............looks off to me for some reason.

Biased, but agreed - the Emira is, (at a time when current car design is bizarre, fragmented, and sometimes downright ugly) a breath of fresh air.
The Emira is better than the 992 911 design in my opinion. The 718 cayman design is also better than the 992 design. It’s too bloated in my opinion, but of course you are getting more seating space in the 992 than either the Emira or cayman so that’s the trade off interior wise, but man I wish Porsche was a bit more creative with the exterior.

I just don’t think we’re comparing apples with apples here. A base 718 is probably a fairer comparison, or even a GTS.

Bummer I did not win the GT3 raffle today🤦‍♂️ I just had a feeling this was the one. The picture of the winner was a elderly woman in Massachusetts. Silver lining $450,000 donated to Dempsey cancer center. Back to focusing on the Emira delivery!

As someone who used to work in radio promotions, it’s always an elderly woman in Massachusetts. These old ladies are like the Oceans 11 off winning free stuff.

Would love to see Evija Venom Green. And all the Evija special liveries while you are at it. Please, pretty please.

In Canada the GT3 would be over double the cost of the Emira, not worth it in my opinion. Plus the Emira looks far more exotic, supercar looks on a beer budget.
Another thing that may not be important to you gentleman, but it's very important to me is ride quality.
The Porsches are just too firm for my liking.
GT4 & GT3 are made for the track.
I don't track my car's very often so no big deal.
If you take an Emira over a GT3 I’ll venture to say you won’t be driving an Emira after 2 years of ownership, like with every woman, once you get over her looks, you will be disappointed, take this from a non Porsche fan!

If you take an Emira over a GT3 I’ll venture to say you won’t be driving an Emira after 2 years of ownership, like with every woman, once you get over her looks, you will be disappointed, take this from a non Porsche fan!
100% agree, but you can’t compare the two really, a GT3 is a class leader & a lot more expensive. The Emira has all the looks, but at the end of the day, it’s powered by an ageing Toyota engine….

Not saying the Emira won’t make a nice sound & turn a few heads, it absolutely will, imagine it will drive OK too, but it’s priced to compete with mainstream brands, not performance marques & class winners such as a GT3.

100% agree, but you can’t compare the two really, a GT3 is a class leader & a lot more expensive. The Emira has all the looks, but at the end of the day, it’s powered by an ageing Toyota engine….

Not saying the Emira won’t make a nice sound & turn a few heads, it absolutely will, imagine it will drive OK too, but it’s priced to compete with mainstream brands, not performance marques & class winners such as a GT3.
Putting it nicely, I think Lotus has it all wrong, the only direct comparison to the Emira is the new Boxer, anything else for Porsche is overkill, they only direct comparison I see is the Cayman GT4RS VS the Emira GT4, don't even mention the GT3RS, that's child abuse!! would love to see the GT4RS VS Emira GT go at it on the track to finally settle the score......the only reason I don't own a GT4RS is because I don't have $200K to spare...

I’m more interested if you’re also a non hott woman fan

What is this madness Emira>GT3
Have you ever been on a highway doing 80 miles per hours and you see this GT3 cruise by like you are moving in slow motion? I have........it's site to behold!
I'm sure GT3 people are flocking over to get an Emira...all my friends got Porsche and I get it all the time 'who makes Lotus, Is that even a real car?" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The Emira is also not in the same league as the GT4 if we are being honest. Its also not priced in the same league (FE model is less than base price GT4), so we do not need to make that comparison either.
From a performance aspect, on paper it should be similar. In reality it doesn’t seem to be.

From a performance aspect, on paper it should be similar. In reality it doesn’t seem to be.
Show me the paper :ROFLMAO: Porsche are putting numbers on the track with 500HP that only super cars can match! having said that, am I going to get me a Porsche? NNNNOOOO!!! love my little water leaking bastard :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Show me the paper!! :ROFLMAO:

1665665531618.gif

Similar power, torque, weight, supposedly aero designed in.

Advantages also in specially formulated and picked tires, an uncompromising selection of suspension (double wishbones with long control arms), and a rigid chassis.

Doesn’t seem to be helping though.

Edit: I forgot to mention that special Lotus suspension setup magic sauce that lotus fanboys are always raving about.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back