• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

To stripe or not to stripe?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Later this week my car goes off for its yellow ppf and ceramic coatings. I need to decide before the coatings are done if I want a racing stripe or not. I’ve always admired Lotus cars with but not sure if I would do it myself as a bit like deciding if you want your first tattoo. So please give me your views and ideas to say if I’m making a good edition to the look or ruining it.
Here’s some ideas I’ve seen.

IMG_6260.png
IMG_6259.pngIMG_6238.jpegIMG_6239.jpeg

My initial thought are I thought tapering off to a thin point like on a lot of Porsches have wasn’t so good with the wide body.
I’m also thinking if I did it I’d go for a matt black to contrast with the black roof.

Any ideas would be appreciated. 👍🏻

Stripe

Attachments

• IMG_4320.jpg
    IMG_4320.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4321.jpg
    IMG_4321.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4322.jpg
    IMG_4322.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4323.jpg
    IMG_4323.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 26
I like the side stripes but waiting on either Lotus bringing out carbon parts or making a choice, on something aftermarket.
I keep intending to write up a step by step sill replacement in a journal. You're all going to have such fun.

I will do the racing stripes next week, will cost 200 Euro. In case it looks not good (i believe it will look great) it can be removed easily…

Guys, I really appreciate all of the replies and to anyone else who may put forward their ideas and views.

I still have until next Wed/Thurs to decide but so far I am leaning towards a single width stripe like on the Exige Cup with the thinner ones either side. I also liked the magma red Emira stripe but don't think white would look so good on a yellow car. It is a pity I am not great with graphic design or I would have put up some renders with the exact colours. So considering a matt black so it will be in contrast to the gloss black on the roof and definitely no tapering.

The next thing is to decide how far to do the stripe. I thought of going to the bottom at the front like the Magma and have it finish at the end of the rear hatch, rolled under the lip instead of cut off with a gap left. The alternative is to go right to the bottom but that would interfere with the panel where the black Lotus lettering is.

@Eagle7 you generally crush it with the Photoshop. Could you throw up some images?
My car is in Nimbus currently but will be in a different yellow to the Hethel, so I am not that good to change the colour of my car from a sample of colour.

Another look, another possibility, another car...

Attachments

• IMG-20151224-WA0028.jpg
    IMG-20151224-WA0028.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 1
My car is in Nimbus currently but will be in a different yellow to the Hethel, so I am not that good to change the colour of my car from a sample of colour.
Just tell us what color yellow (brand and color way).

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back