To tint or not to tint? 😎

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey Guys
I have a nimbus with tan interior with black wheels.

I aways kinda wanted a classy "gentleman's" sportscar look.

But I cannot decide if I like tinting or not.
I had it done (35%), and sometimes I feel it has too much of an aggressive look on the car.
Its also tricky with the dot matix in the side windows (to cover with tint).

I have also noticed a lot of people on here don't seem to have tints?
Just wondering your thoughts.

I was thinking of possibly having it redone in 50% so it would be a bit more subtle.

Last edited:
I have almost always gotten 20% for all my cars (white) and love the darker aggressive look and privacy. I have an Atlantis Blue Emira (black alcantara interior) and went with 50% of the highest quality ceramic tint for UV protection and heat control. It's very obvious it's tinted under conditions that aren't full sunlight (could even look very dark), but very easy to see through in daylight. At the end of the day it's personal preference, how do you feel walking up to the car?

My problem is whether I want silver wheels vs gunmetal lol. The brake dust is killing me and I've almost always had black wheels. Gunmetal sounds perfect.

IMG_8984.jpg

IMG_8963.jpg

All my cars have always been tinted with 5% ceramic. Love the privacy and aggressiveness it gives. However, the only car I decided not to tint was the Emira. Prefer the classier and cleaner look. Even My wife agrees (she first wanted it tinted aswell but seeing it in person she agreed to keep it clear all around). Only problem I have is just nooo privacy at all. Literally driving it around your being stared at every corner. So Im very hesitant to pick my nose when in it.

Just my opinion but have tried 35% and 20% on my cars and always felt like it can be darker at times. So from then on for me it was 5% or nothing lol Ive thought about playing around with 50% ceramic tint just to get the benefit of blocking heat but still able to see the interior. But have no intentions to do so as of now.
1000014008.jpg
1000013423.jpg
1000011711.jpg

I was almost certain I'd be tinting my car to the max legal NC limit (35%) but once I received my NG Emira, I decided not to do so. I think a lot of it has to do with all the smiles and thumbs up I get from people on the roads and that would largely disappear if people were just looking at black windows. So for me, thus far I've kept the windows stock.

Also, looks-wise, I think NG looks really good w/o any tint:
Photo Apr 16 2024, 6 34 42 PM.jpg

Last edited:
I like no tint, as I want everyone to see my big grin as I pass them bye!

Reactions: ADC
I went with 55% on the side and back windows with 70% on the windshield. I did not tint the engine cover glass.
I don’t usually tint my cars but with the extended black roof I wanted more contrast.

IMG_5759.jpeg

Attach0.jpeg

IMG_5738.jpeg

I did 15% tint on the side windows to match the privacy glass and 50% tint on the windshield. I liked how it looks but the front windshield tint does reflect the dash under the sun, giving it a hazy view front.

Weixin Image_20240716163751.jpg

Weixin Image_20240716163805.jpg

I didn't want any tint at all but my wife is sensitive to the heat from the side glass so I went with the lightest XPEL Prime XR Plus 70 for the sides, rear quarter and glass behind the seats facing the engine bay (nothing on the windshield).
_D9A2308.jpeg
My wife notices the reduction in heat and it doesn't look much darker than stock.

15-20% on the front windows is a must for every car. Looks better, lower temperature cabin and gotta dodge the paparazzi.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back