To tint or not to tint? 😎

My car has 55% on sides and 70% windshield with tan interior. Post number 6
Thanks, looks good. I'm starting to conclude the darker tint looks better when combined with upper black pack (at least to my eye). For my car and @T6061 I'm thinking the lighter tint (or none) may be the way to go.

I'm tinting. I got the privacy glass specifically because I saw threads were tinting the rear went badly. I too would have liked if you could get the rear privacy and no sides for the best matching but I'm hoping the tiny windows aren't too crazy dark and Ill do a 70% on the front.

I like the idea of keeping the stock appearance while still cutting down on heat/UV. Hard to tell from your pic but it appears to have a slightly silvery tint? Or is that just the lighting and maybe effect from your interior and exterior colors?
Probably just lighting that day which was fairly overcast...it comes off in person like auto glass with a slight grey/green tint. Really looks stock to me...

Cheers!

I prefer the look without tint but have been thinking about some very very mild ceramic just for heat reduction.

I don't care for tint on the tailgate glass. It's not like it keeps the vehicle cooler or gives the driver any privacy (which are the main reasons for tint) since it is a completely different cabin. If anything, i think the rear tailgate looks better without the tint so you can at least see that it has an engine back there and isn't a hatchback.

From the side profile, i think the little small windows tinted by themselves looks silly.

Both of these aspects are the reason why i went for no privacy glass, even with upper black pack, and i love it.

That being said, different strokes for different folks

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back