• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

TPMS for second set of wheels

Raab

Reaction score
Any recommendations? Do the 433mhz ones on Amazon work? Does the car need to be reprogrammed for the new TPMS or does it figure it out on its own? I searched but didn’t see this covered anywhere. Thanks for any help. I saw GRP has the OEMs but currently out of stock.

Curious as well since I will swapping out wheels at some point. What wheels are you getting?

Curious as well since I will swapping out wheels at some point. What wheels are you getting?
Aerie’s in bronze. Price is right, look is good. My stock set of diamond cuts will stay track duty, at least until the cup 2s wear out. Hoping with time more wheels will be out there to reference. I lack imagination and really need to see things on a car to feel comfortable about it. I think I’m going Continentals dw6s for the everyday tires.

I have the same question. I really wish there were more of an industry standard for TPMS. Some cars are smart enough to recognize new sensors, whereas many others require programming to re-learn. Someone might have to just buy generic 433mHz sensors and be a guinea pig for the rest of us. $288 for the OEM sensors is nonsense since higher quality ones can be found for less than half that elsewhere.

Aerie’s in bronze. Price is right, look is good. My stock set of diamond cuts will stay track duty, at least until the cup 2s wear out. Hoping with time more wheels will be out there to reference. I lack imagination and really need to see things on a car to feel comfortable about it. I think I’m going Continentals dw6s for the everyday tires.

Thanks Raab. I swapped out my OEM Good Year summer tires for those same all-season Continentals, shortly after taking delivery of my Emira. I need all-seasons to drive sooner in the Spring and later into the Fall, before Winter kicks in. I'm very happy with the Continentals: good grip in wet conditions, plus no noticeable road noise. I'm now waiting for my Aerie V2 gun metal rims, upon which I'll reinstall the Good Years for summer (only) or track use. Consider posting what you eventually get for good track tires, as Cup 2 replacements.