• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Tracker or fit your own Ghost?

Lotus fit the Scorpion S5 tracker, which is Thatcham category S5

Some insurers require a tracker, based on value of the car or postcode or other factors. One insurer I used to use required a tracker for cars over £70k (current value rather than list price).
I’m going to get one of these..

"Essentially the only way someone can take your vehicle with the system is to actually tow it away and they still wouldn’t be able to drive the vehicle."

Not to go scare mongering. But are you not worried they will just drag you out of bed at knife point instead to get the code?

I can see the benefits, but don't think I'd bother arming it at home

"Essentially the only way someone can take your vehicle with the system is to actually tow it away and they still wouldn’t be able to drive the vehicle."

Not to go scare mongering. But are you not worried they will just drag you out of bed at knife point instead to get the code?

I can see the benefits, but don't think I'd bother arming it at home
I sleep well at night fortunately 😎

Did you go ahead and get the Ghost2 installed? I've just got my Emira and was aiming to get the Ghost2 installed (I've got it installed on my wife's car and my other car too), but the Autowatch website doesn't say specifically that the Ghost2 is compatible with the Lotus Emira. I emailed them last week asking them whether it was compatible and haven't heard back yet.

Be very grateful if you could update me on how successful (or not) you've been with getting a Ghost2 installed on your Emira.

As someone who had a vehicle with a (GPS) tracker stolen last year, pro thieves have ways to get around this. I ordered the factory track but plan to stash multiple AirTags in hard-to-access places (under front bonnet panel would be an ideal spot give you need tools to open).

If they are iPhone users, they will be alerted that an AirTag is "following" them and they'll get one notification per tag. So if I stash 4 tags they'll get 4 notifications - but not right away, and the challenge is do you think you can find all 4 of these before the cops or I find you...

Cops in the city where my previous car was stolen said that thieves typically stash cars in public garages for a day or two just to see if they have other trackings on them. In this scenario an AirTag allows you to retrieve the car where a GPS or Satellite tracker would fail.

Did you go ahead and get the Ghost2 installed? I've just got my Emira and was aiming to get the Ghost2 installed (I've got it installed on my wife's car and my other car too), but the Autowatch website doesn't say specifically that the Ghost2 is compatible with the Lotus Emira. I emailed them last week asking them whether it was compatible and haven't heard back yet.

Be very grateful if you could update me on how successful (or not) you've been with getting a Ghost2 installed on your Emira.
An update on this: I spoke to the chap who's installed 2 Ghost2's for me in the past. He said that as yet, Autowatch have not developed the software to run on the Ghost2 to be compatible. There has been some activity, but nothing has got to the point where they could install one in an Emira and it would work.

I offered my Emira up as a test bed should they need it. I'll update with any progress.

• Useful
Reactions: ADC