Uneven tire pressure changes?

seriously

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I usually keep my tire pressure gauge on my display. I've noticed a VERY consistent pattern of both right tires heating up faster than my left tires. Cold the tire pressures will be even or maybe even slightly low on the right side. As I drive the car and the tires heat up the right side heats up faster. When hot the rights run about a full PSI higher than my left.

Anyone else seeing this?

I am on Cup 2s and I know they have that strange "same" thread pattern on both sides of the tires thing.

This time of year with the low sun and cooler air temps, the side towards the sun will run higher on my car. However, it's pretty consistent and will shift sides as I go in different directions.

Do you notice it regardless of the direction of the sun?

I usually keep my tire pressure gauge on my display. I've noticed a VERY consistent pattern of both right tires heating up faster than my left tires. Cold the tire pressures will be even or maybe even slightly low on the right side. As I drive the car and the tires heat up the right side heats up faster. When hot the rights run about a full PSI higher than my left.

Anyone else seeing this?

I am on Cup 2s and I know they have that strange "same" thread pattern on both sides of the tires thing.
Driving an oval track? Left turns only? :unsure:

I'm seeing this for normal road use, though not by a full 1 psi.
I'll set all the tyres to the correct pressure and they will match across axles sometimes but invariably the right hand side will go higher.
When they do all match (after the rights being higher) I feel like I've won something. :ROFLMAO:
I've just taken it as the sensors not being 100% the same in the way they are reporting the pressure.

Have you checked your tire wear? More wear on the right than left? If so, then maybe you have an alignment issue.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back