• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Untwist Seat Belts?

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The twisted seat belt is driving me crazy!
Has anyone successfully untwisted their Seat belts?
What's involved?
How difficult was it?

Several people here have done it and then switched back as it was less comfortable the other way. A simple forum search will probably answer your other questions.

I find the forums search a tad too broad sometimes, but Google helps find what you're looking for:

Personally I wouldn't tinker with seat belts myself. If you do please make sure to torque everything up to spec. This is what I can provide you off the service notes:
1718551624129.png

If you choose to diy, maybe have a quick chat with your dealer about it. I think there was some concern regarding safety if untwisted - apparently it was done on purpose. I can't remember :(

I find the forums search a tad too broad sometimes, but Google helps find what you're looking for:

Personally I wouldn't tinker with seat belts myself. If you do please make sure to torque everything up to spec. This is what I can provide you off the service notes:
View attachment 45997

If you choose to diy, maybe have a quick chat with your dealer about it. I think there was some concern regarding safety if untwisted - apparently it was done on purpose. I can't remember :(
Thank you @Kimmax
Where did you get the service manual?

The funny thing about these twisted seat belts is that although I agree that they look aggravating and twisted when they are at rest, when I go to put mine on it always falls easily to hand and is never twisted or seeming to have the tendency to twist once I’m wearing it. It’s almost like someone actually knew what they were doing when they designed the installation.

Last edited: