• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Valvetronic Exhaust

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Have you seen the valvetronic exhaust from Facebook? It seriously sounds like a F1.

They have more videos in the cabin, with the Valve Controller switching (Via fb). But this is impressive.

This is purely an FYI/observation and not a bash or anything against those guys, take it for what it is.
Their header design places the primary o2 sensor in a single runner vs at the collection/collector point of the three runners which in my book and others is a no-no. When this is done the engine is making air fuel ratio changes based on a single cylinders readings, for all three cylinders on that bank instead of making a "global" adjustment based on the reading from all three (making them all run as evenly as possible by taking a reading from all three) This can in turn have the other two cylinders not monitored running rich or lean depending on the monitored third cylinders readings.

Are the videos with or without the race headers? Wonder what the exhaust alone sounds like?
Looks like it, here's his post.
Screen Shot 2024-08-05 at 9.10.01 PM.png

People need to understand that the stock exhaust on this car is essentially a straight pipe when you force the valve completely open, give or take a little bit of additional rasp from titanium.

Any exhaust will sound similar to this with a 3rd cat delete and catless headers.

Looks like their headers just remove the stock cats? If so that would make it a no-go for me. Illegal in most states and the car will stink without them.

Stock exhaust with a valve controller and GRP 3rd cat delete is perfect and cost only a couple hundred bucks. Maybe I'm getting old and boring but I'd be embarrassed driving a car this loud. Everyone but car enthusiasts will think you're an asshat.

Looks like their headers just remove the stock cats? If so that would make it a no-go for me. Illegal in most states and the car will stink without them.

Stock exhaust with a valve controller and GRP 3rd cat delete is perfect and cost only a couple hundred bucks. Maybe I'm getting old and boring but I'd be embarrassed driving a car this loud. Everyone but car enthusiasts will think you're an asshat.
Correct they are a catless header. Catless headers do add a decent amount of power (especially once tuned) but also add a lot of extra sound, like 40-50% increase in volume. Not for the faint of heart, especially in a street car. We also sell catless headers but try to warn everyone interested about the sound increase, catless stink and non emissions compliancy

Last edited:

100% agree. For my wife and I, 3rd cat delete and even stock valve ops in touring mode still gives a decent wail out the back. Sport mode makes it more than shouty.

I venture that most Emira owners want to hear more in-cabin drama, which I get, but have a buddy run your car by as-is in sport or track to really make sure you want a louder public image.

I like to hear it or other exhausts with the headers and a sports cat.
I’ve got the Miltek full exhaust with the car delete and valve control which seems louder than when I had it fitted 1000 miles ago. For me it’s loud enough but I may have to change next year if I get a built engine.

I like to hear it or other exhausts with the headers and a sports cat.
I’ve got the Miltek full exhaust with the car delete and valve control which seems louder than when I had it fitted 1000 miles ago. For me it’s loud enough but I may have to change next year if I get a built engine.

We MUST have all of the details if you get a built engine. I have silly dreams of writing an massive check to JUBU or someone similar to build a lairy 500+ horsepower Emira.

For me, the aftermarket exhaust systems would have to be way louder than stock on track to be too loud. IMO, the stereo at moderate volume drowns out the stock exhaust on its loudest setting.

A selectable loud exhaust is great, as long as there’s no drone!

Does Ti really have a different sound over standard aftermarket exhaust? I got the Milltek awhile ago and love it with the 3rd car delete and value controller.

Does Ti really have a different sound over standard aftermarket exhaust? I got the Milltek awhile ago and love it with the 3rd car delete and value controller.
Marginally more high pitched rasp.

No high flow muffler is going to sound massively different to what you have as the stock muffler is pretty much a straight pipe when the valve is forced completely open.

Source: I had a titanium system on my Emira and took it back off due to issues with the Valve causing CELs. But it sounded basically the same as stock with 3rd cat delete and valve controller.

Back