• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Valvetronic Exhaust

Marginally more high pitched rasp.

No high flow muffler is going to sound massively different to what you have as the stock muffler is pretty much a straight pipe when the valve is forced completely open.

Source: I had a titanium system on my Emira and took it back off due to issues with the Valve causing CELs. But it sounded basically the same as stock with 3rd cat delete and valve controller.
Yeah that’s what I figured. Would aftermarket mid pipe make a difference or the next big difference would be headers as discussed here?

Yeah that’s what I figured. Would aftermarket mid pipe make a difference or the next big difference would be headers as discussed here?
No mid pipe makes zero difference as there’s no restriction in the stock one. Only flex joints.

Next step is headers if you want to go stupid loud. Any emira with a straight through catless exhaust is going to sound very similar to these videos. There’s no magic here.

Back