• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Washing considerations - what to watch out for?

EmirOfDenmark

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have been washing the car a few times since I got it. I use my pressure washer and car soap I use for other cars as well. Then, hand dry it with cloth.
Are there any considerations people are aware of, when washing? I.e. any places one should not shoot water into (other than the obvious). Any of the vents? Also, I know it is by design that the water drips on the engine when you open a wet cover, but it always seems a little weirds when that happens. Any issues with that anybody has had?

I use a pressure washer to wet the car, then apply snow foam, leave for 5 minutes then pressure washer off. I use a small but powerful leaf blower to dry it. I don't spray through the mesh of the vents, always spraying from the side at a good angle. I spray the bonnet and front wings from the front to prevent too much water going into the bonnet vents.

The rear hatch is a quirk but if there's water on it I either don't open it or open it carefully, just a few centimetres at first for the water to drain into the channel behind the engine.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back