• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

We have received your submission for a Lotus Emira Order Request: Submission I.D #XXXXX234

How would you possibly know you were 4th in North Carolina? Do you know how to decipher the code? Did you put your deposit in on the Reveal Day? It looks like there are 3 North Carolina Lotus dealers, which one did you use, Flow?
There is only one Lotus dealer in NC and that is Flow. I know I am fourth because there are only 3 people who got deposits in a head of me and I have been told I am fourth in line. I put my deposit in two days after reveal. As I think we all know, it's first come, first serve based on deposits. That is the only way it is fair. If someone drops out, the rest move up. Also, obviously the 4 cylinder puts you back in time as it will not be ready as soon as the V6. I think they have over 40 deposits at this time.

Yes, I think you are right, you will be right up front. I waited and ended up #17 at my dealership. I'm sure there are guys after me that will be happy when I elect to get the I4 because that will move them up in the que for the V6. I'm good with that... But I will probably be one of the early recipients of the I4 also. This wait is killing me! At least I have my Elise until it comes in.

Yes, I think you are right, you will be right up front. I waited and ended up #17 at my dealership. I'm sure there are guys after me that will be happy when I elect to get the I4 because that will move them up in the que for the V6. I'm good with that... But I will probably be one of the early recipients of the I4 also. This wait is killing me! At least I have my Elise until it comes in.
Yes, I am very interested on how soon I will actually get the car. Obviously the sooner the better! Any info I get I will pass on in this forum.

Yes, I am very interested on how soon I will actually get the car. Obviously the sooner the better! Any info I get I will pass on in this forum.
Congratulations n your premier spot! That’s awesome. So pleased. You will get yours far before e so anxious to hear your impressions. Why does google say there are 3 dealerships in North Carolina? They list the in Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham too. Hmmmm.

Congratulations n your premier spot! That’s awesome. So pleased. You will get yours far before e so anxious to hear your impressions. Why does google say there are 3 dealerships in North Carolina? They list the in Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham too. Hmmmm.
Google is just not current. Those dealerships don't exist anymore. The irony is I knew nothing of the Emira coming and I subscribe to car magazines. I was really surprised how they (Car & Driver, etc) never even mentioned the Emira was coming. I happened to be on Youtube the night that the Emira was announced and it popped up as a video. I saw it and in 5 minutes was like "that is what I am looking for". I was thinking about a Cayman GTS, but I had a '17 911 S manual and was underwhelmed. They are nice and fast but not nearly as fun as the older lighter cars so I got rid of it. I had a 2009 911 carrera base manual that I sold to get the '17 and I regretted it. It was a much more fun car to drive. I wasn't that psyched on getting a cayman, but also started thinking about an Evora. Then the Emira was announced and I called 2 days later. If the Emira was not announced I would have got an Evora.

Google is just not current. Those dealerships don't exist anymore. The irony is I knew nothing of the Emira coming and I subscribe to car magazines. I was really surprised how they (Car & Driver, etc) never even mentioned the Emira was coming. I happened to be on Youtube the night that the Emira was announced and it popped up as a video. I saw it and in 5 minutes was like "that is what I am looking for". I was thinking about a Cayman GTS, but I had a '17 911 S manual and was underwhelmed. They are nice and fast but not nearly as fun as the older lighter cars so I got rid of it. I had a 2009 911 carrera base manual that I sold to get the '17 and I regretted it. It was a much more fun car to drive. I wasn't that psyched on getting a cayman, but also started thinking about an Evora. Then the Emira was announced and I called 2 days later. If the Emira was not announced I would have got an Evora.
Nice. This will be my first Lotus. I’ve been looking an Evora for a long time but could just never find the right car. Then along comes Emira with its stunning looks and what appears to be exceptional performance and build quality. Excited to see it in the flesh. I’m hoping Fliw will have the various combinations of drive train options so I can make an informed decision. Right now I’m leaning towards the I4-turbo/DCT and holding out for white with red interior. But magma red/tan is also nice. I’ve also had kind of a visceral reaction to yellow with the black pack and in a perfect world I would opt for something really classy like a midnight blue with a cream interior (since my wife and I are empty nesters now). But will need to wait to learn what my options will truly be. This morning I even started thinking about the V6 with the torque converter. I have a peripheral neuropathy so the manual is out. Sucks getting older 😵‍💫.

This what the Submission email from lotus should look like. I scratched out my personal info to keep it private. However this should give you an idea.
20210903_192641.jpg

This what the Submission email from lotus should look like. I scratched out my personal info to keep it private. However this should give you an idea.View attachment 313
Thanks. I assume this is just information at this point, and you are still waiting for your dealer yo contact you to configure your car and determine your cost out the door. Yes?

This is an interesting post. I’m not sure how one can know their position on a list for a car in a given state. In fact, it’s not clear to me how one can know their position on the overall list either. Without knowing the dealer allocation data, or the strategy at lotus for prioritizing those distributions, how could one figure out when they would be able to secure a car? I placed my deposit about 2 weeks after the reveal at the Lotus dealer in Winston-Salem and I’m at position #31. I was also told the following by the US Relationship Manager, Matt Parton…

“Winston-Salem is indeed your closest dealership and regards looking at alternative dealers it wouldn’t make any difference in terms of being on the list for a first edition.. At this stage all that is required to reserve a build slot is a deposit and going forward you’ll then be contacted by the dealership in September where they’ll then price up your vehicle & where you can tweak your configuration for either the V6 or I4. Come that time the dealer will also be in a better position to inform you when to expect your car.”

I’m not sure I completely understand what he is saying, but I infer from the message that ones place on a build list will be dictated by when you commit to a build, not just when you place a deposit. I bet your deposit position simply determines when you will be offered the opportunity to commit relative to a dealer allocation. If my dealer has an allocation of 30 cars, for example, then if everyone ahead of me commits to a build contract I’m out of luck until the next allocation is made. And that is a lotus decision. If however more than a couple of people decide to drop out or defer, then I would be offered the opportunity to order a car. And when I would receive the car would be dictated by the choices I make and the ability of lotus to fulfill those choices (such as engine, transmission, color, etc.). This is just my guess of what a fair process would look like.

Thoughts from others?
I'll have a go at trying to explain what I think is happening for the US. It's different in the UK and may be different again in other countries (but I think Canada and several others are probably the same approach as the US from what I've picked up).

Around the time of the Emira reveal all the US dealers were asked to pitch for a 2022 allocation and a likely mix of FE/own-spec and V6/i4. Dealers had some time to gauge reactions and how many deposits they were getting before they had to submit numbers. Lotus then looked at 2022 production numbers for US and told each dealer their allocation. As far as I can tell, each dealer is maintaining a single list, so you are #31 and so far that's regardless of your spec choice. Deposits #1-30 could be any (provisional) mix of FE V6, FE i4 and own spec cars.

But, Lotus aren't going to build all the various specs of cars based on who deposited first. They'll start deliveries of FE V6 first, then FE i4 deliveries start 3 months later, then own-spec cars start some months after that.

So, when you and deposit holders #1-30 are asked to confirm specs your dealer and Lotus will then have to sort them into the spec-related sequences. In effect one queue will divide into 3 or 4 queues (if own-spec is divided into V6 and i4) with staggered starts. In theory, if #1-30 all order i4 and you order V6 then you'd get your car ahead of the first i4 car for deposit #1.

How this works in practice will also depend on how Lotus splits the allocations and deliveries across the US dealers as well as how each dealer handles their list. It would be fairer if every dealer got their 1st car at the same time but it probably won't work that way.

All of this is (reasonably well-informed) speculation on my part. Hopefully it will be clarified later this month.

I'll have a go at trying to explain what I think is happening for the US. It's different in the UK and may be different again in other countries (but I think Canada and several others are probably the same approach as the US from what I've picked up).

Around the time of the Emira reveal all the US dealers were asked to pitch for a 2022 allocation and a likely mix of FE/own-spec and V6/i4. Dealers had some time to gauge reactions and how many deposits they were getting before they had to submit numbers. Lotus then looked at 2022 production numbers for US and told each dealer their allocation. As far as I can tell, each dealer is maintaining a single list, so you are #31 and so far that's regardless of your spec choice. Deposits #1-30 could be any (provisional) mix of FE V6, FE i4 and own spec cars.

But, Lotus aren't going to build all the various specs of cars based on who deposited first. They'll start deliveries of FE V6 first, then FE i4 deliveries start 3 months later, then own-spec cars start some months after that.

So, when you and deposit holders #1-30 are asked to confirm specs your dealer and Lotus will then have to sort them into the spec-related sequences. In effect one queue will divide into 3 or 4 queues (if own-spec is divided into V6 and i4) with staggered starts. In theory, if #1-30 all order i4 and you order V6 then you'd get your car ahead of the first i4 car for deposit #1.

How this works in practice will also depend on how Lotus splits the allocations and deliveries across the US dealers as well as how each dealer handles their list. It would be fairer if every dealer got their 1st car at the same time but it probably won't work that way.

All of this is (reasonably well-informed) speculation on my part. Hopefully it will be clarified later this month.
What a fantastic explanation! Thanks. It makes sense. I still wasn’t sure if any of the first edition cars could have the I4. Haven’t seen any official confirmation of this. Now I wonder when the other colors will be offered? If they won’t happen until the FEs are completed, then when one might be able to get an own spec car would depend on the number of FEs. So I guess there’s still some need for clarity from Lotus. Really appreciate your insights!

From my understanding, Lotus at this time can only build 5,000 Emiras a year and 2022 units is sold out.. From the looks of it, the demand is well past that. So what that is telling me is, you will quickly see Emiras selling at over MSRP for non early depositors. Which means Market Value will be estimated at $120k to $130k per unit (After MSRP) per unit, due to high demand and short supply. So all you depositors once your build number comes, you will be one lucky guy! You get a beautiful car at MSRP and build value/equity instantly! Cha Ching Baby $$$$!!!

Back