What did you do to your Emira today?

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Drove the car to work...can keep an eye on it and admire from my desk. View attachment 41885

This pic if fuggin’ awesome. 🤣

1714052239119.gif

JAhmed

Reaction score
Well.... compared to your 718 Spyder, what do you feel is the better drive? (from a non -modified 718 - I know you have the deman engine) What was the reaction from friends.... especially the P-Car crowd!

Modified 718 Spyder is in a different universe...full Emotion Engineering suspension setup (including KW Clubsport 3ways) and the DeMan powertrain make it an unfair and unrealiastic comparison.

However, while on my trip, I had my 991.2 GT3 in tow (PDK, Buckets, Girodisc steel brakes) and one of my friends had his 2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 there as well (PDK, 4 way seats). We had a chance to drive all 3 of these cars (along with a 2022 Audi R8 V10+ RWD with Dynamics pkg and bucket seats for good measure) up and down the Tail of the Dragon and surrounding roads. The GT3 is running Advan AD09 tires and both the BGTS and R8 are running Pilot 4S tires (my Emira is on Cup2). Both my friends and I agreed that the Emira had superior steering feel to the other three, and we preferred the sharp off center steering response (although it did take some mental recalibration to adjust to). The stock damping was also super impressive..."one up, one down" on high speed bumps. Brake pedal was a little inconsistent in the Emira...sometimes giving you more bite with the same amount of pressure than anticipated (similar to the R8/Huracan). The Porsches had superior braking consistency and feel. Overall, we found that the Emira was the harder car to trust when being hustled quickly...the GT3 and BGTS feel like they will never "bite" you, regardless of how hard you push them. This may be secondary to my friends and I having far more seat time in Porsche products, so I will reserve further judgement until I've had more time (including on track) with the Emira.

TLDR: the Emira was superior in steering, damping and looks. The BGTS feels like the superior car in every other aspect, including braking, overall quality and just the sense of the driver confidence it instills. You just feel like you have to drive the Emira harder to maintain the same pace as the BGTS. Side note, conditions were dry and warm... so just about perfect.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Went to Lowes to get some 2x4s and manure. jk.
Trying to find some totes that fit in trunk. I like to have something like this for food leftovers or anything that can possibly spill. Kind of a challenge to find one for the emira that fits. The small ones are too small and the larger (17 gallon) one are too deep I think. Heres what the two small one look like. Might try a bigger one now that see how fits.
Also planning to get a cut to size rubber mat soon.

Attachments

• 5 gal tote.jpg
    5 gal tote.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 27
  • tote2.jpg
    tote2.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 27
  • tote distance.jpg
    tote distance.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 27

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Went to Lowes to get some 2x4s and manure. jk.
Trying to find some totes that fit in trunk. I like to have something like this for food leftovers or anything that can possibly spill. Kind of a challenge to find one for the emira that fits. The small ones are too small and the larger (17 gallon) one are too deep I think. Heres what the two small one look like. Might try a bigger one now that see how fits.
Also planning to get a cut to size rubber mat soon.

Search some friend with a 3D printer 😂

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Did a good wash (also checked all panels for blisters as it got me a bit worried, haven’t seen anything) before the first track day tomorrow! I’ll be attending Mugello Circuit (Moto GP) with my STO (for the second time) and Emira (first track day), the track day provides tracking devices so will be interesting to see the times and how the Emira feels. Also here’s a picture from last time, amazing track! Will write down my thoughts tomorrow.
IMG_5784.jpeg
IMG_0470.jpeg

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What did I do with my Emira today?

I made a Lambo jealous!

I was taking a quick trip to the grocery store with my daughter to pick up a birthday cake, when lo and behold, I see a yellow Huracan headed the opposite direction. I thought about doing a 180 and chasing it down, as I love Huracans, but duty called, and my daughter and I needed to complete our bakery mission.

And then, just as my thoughts turned back to buttercream icing…

I see a yellow huracan in my rear view mirror headed my way at a high rate of speed to gawk at this new, organic Lotus form that heretofore has been but an internet image, a page in a magazine, or a mere figment in the Lamborghini drivers imagination.

I pulled into a parking lot, as car guys do, to give the fellow the opportunity to further investigate. He didn’t follow. My guess is it’s difficult to admit that you’re heart was stolen for a brief moment by a comely British sportscar when you’re at the helm of a Lamborghini.

OP
M

MYFASTEFE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Modified 718 Spyder is in a different universe...full Emotion Engineering suspension setup (including KW Clubsport 3ways) and the DeMan powertrain make it an unfair and unrealiastic comparison.

However, while on my trip, I had my 991.2 GT3 in tow (PDK, Buckets, Girodisc steel brakes) and one of my friends had his 2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 there as well (PDK, 4 way seats). We had a chance to drive all 3 of these cars (along with a 2022 Audi R8 V10+ RWD with Dynamics pkg and bucket seats for good measure) up and down the Tail of the Dragon and surrounding roads. The GT3 is running Advan AD09 tires and both the BGTS and R8 are running Pilot 4S tires (my Emira is on Cup2). Both my friends and I agreed that the Emira had superior steering feel to the other three, and we preferred the sharp off center steering response (although it did take some mental recalibration to adjust to). The stock damping was also super impressive..."one up, one down" on high speed bumps. Brake pedal was a little inconsistent in the Emira...sometimes giving you more bite with the same amount of pressure than anticipated (similar to the R8/Huracan). The Porsches had superior braking consistency and feel. Overall, we found that the Emira was the harder car to trust when being hustled quickly...the GT3 and BGTS feel like they will never "bite" you, regardless of how hard you push them. This may be secondary to my friends and I having far more seat time in Porsche products, so I will reserve further judgement until I've had more time (including on track) with the Emira.

TLDR: the Emira was superior in steering, damping and looks. The BGTS feels like the superior car in every other aspect, including braking, overall quality and just the sense of the driver confidence it instills. You just feel like you have to drive the Emira harder to maintain the same pace as the BGTS. Side note, conditions were dry and warm... so just about perfect.
Interesting, i have a 981 spyder too..... I love the way both my Lotus's turn and rotate at the track, especially when i use the throttle to do so. I am 6'4 so also fit better in the Emira. The sound and the ease of maintenance in the Porsche are def better. The braking right now is a toss-up,

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Did a good wash (also checked all panels for blisters as it got me a bit worried, haven’t seen anything) before the first track day tomorrow! I’ll be attending Mugello Circuit (Moto GP) with my STO (for the second time) and Emira (first track day), the track day provides tracking devices so will be interesting to see the times and how the Emira feels. Also here’s a picture from last time, amazing track! Will write down my thoughts tomorrow.View attachment 41997View attachment 41998

Fantastic car collection! I am a big fan of modern Lamborghinis! Do you have any other interesting cars?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Entered the Emira into a local invite-only country club car show that I was invited to at a recent Cars and Coffee here in Raleigh. The Emira didn't win best exotic but there was some stiff competition for such a small show (40-50 cars?). The Lambo STO won 1st and McLaren 720s won 2nd. Even the Ferrari 488 Pista didn't make the cut!

The Emira got TONS of attention though and so many people were raving about how good it looks. Constant smiles and questions about the car. Lots of people also loved the fact that it has a Toyota powerplant. Many positive comments about the interior as well.

Overall, a very fun time on this beautiful 72F sunny day.

Emira:
IMG_2969.jpg

1st place:
IMG_2970.jpg

2nd place:
IMG_2971.jpg

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Today I completely cleaned my car inside and out ready for an event tomorrow. I’m meeting approximately 60 performance cars who are attending an event at Ocean Village Southampton Uk. In the convoy it’s a real mix including Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins as and Cosworths, to name a few. Mine will be the only Emira.