• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

I snuck into Boxstoberfest and made some new friends. :cool:

thats the opposite of when we saved a space for one of our guys and a Porsche jumped in it.lol

emiras and porsche .png

Ugh. I watched in horror as a lady in an EV almost hit my car 3 times trying to parallel park. After guiding her safely to her spot behind me. I immediately left even though I still didn’t eat lunch.

First she almost hits my car turning headfirst into the spot behind me. Instead of hitting my car she hit the curb! I ran over to the car and helped her in. She pulls up beside my car and then turns her wheel to back into the spot and then starts moving forward almost turning into my car! After back into the spot she was turning to straighten out and then instead of reversing she went forward almost into my car again! I was literally standing between her and my car… she had a handicap placard and clearly was not in full control of her faculties.

What a strange feeling. I felt like I was watching a train wreck in slow motion 3 times and somehow I made it out alive. Feels weird to be so traumatized but I still can’t shake it.
Exactly one of my “fears” . I try, or almost not park any of my sports cars on the street. Glad your car is ok, and hope the lady gets help

Exactly one of my “fears” . I try, or almost not park any of my sports cars on the street. Glad your car is ok, and hope the lady gets help
When I go to my local town I go in the paid parking area that hardly anyone uses due to a free one opposite. It's worth the £2 to know I am not next to a 20 year old rusty Astra that the owner is happy to play bumper doors.

When I go to my local town I go in the paid parking area that hardly anyone uses due to a free one opposite. It's worth the £2 to know I am not next to a 20 year old rusty Astra that the owner is happy to play bumper doors.
And if you park your car in isolation from a rather empty lot, there will always be someone to park next to you. 💁🤩

And if you park your car in isolation from a rather empty lot, there will always be someone to park next to you. 💁🤩
Don’t you hate it when this happens. Mind you it’s just as annoying when you get a fairly new Range Rover parking slightly over the line taking up 2 spaces. You know that’s only on days when you are late and can’t find a space. 🤦🏼‍♂️

This. Why does this always happen. 😂
Because the other person thinks that by parking next to you, their car is safer. You obviously care about your car, because you parked it away from everyone else, so they know you are not going to slam your door into theirs.
Just because its a rusty Astra, doesnt mean its not someones P&J.

Ordered custom yellow seatbelts. Can someone help me with how to remove the trimming in order to remove the seatbelt assembly? Anyone with a service manual who anything that explain what to remove. Thanks

Because the other person thinks that by parking next to you, their car is safer. You obviously care about your car, because you parked it away from everyone else, so they know you are not going to slam your door into theirs.
Just because its a rusty Astra, doesnt mean its not someones P&J.
This actually makes a bit of sense.

Prepped my garage. It's a tight two car so the bad weather vehicle sits on one side and the Emira on the other. The Kia has video cameras everywhere so I can get that pretty tight and run up against it's stopper. The Emira has annoyingly sensitive parking sensors (for the garage that is) so I need to know when I'm inside so I can cut the corner and bring it next to the wall.

Enter a quarter-dome security mirror. I made a shelf to hold it and on which I can put quick detailing stuff. Just had to notch out around the conduit for the EV charger.
View attachment 51449
1000027169.jpg

How it looks from inside. So much easier to park.. Well worth the money.

I vacuumed out the drivers footwell for the first time as there was the usual gravel collecting.
Just visible but tucked under the mat next to the pedals was this rubber thing.
I immediately contorted myself to look above and around the pedals to see where it could have fallen from but nothing looked obvious.
On a more detailed examination of the rubber thing it looks like part of a shoe sole, probably the heal, so I'm imagining there's a Lotus production line person limping around somewhere. :ROFLMAO:
Found in driver's footwell.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back