• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What is coming 16.09.24??

I'd like to see them do a hybrid Emeya to walk back their dependence on slow selling EVs but it will probably just be a announcement for the EV Emira. Lotus likes to hype years in advance and with Emira ending in 2026 it seems likely. Although who knows maybe we'll get lucky and get an Emira S or something.

Seriously people. It's going to be some kind of brand crossover where they paint an Evija in Prada livery or something and then prance some models around it. This is not a company in any shape to be announcing new cars.

In all seriousness there's a big US dealer meeting the same day -- it's most likely the US launch of the Emira Bespoke Chapman program in the USA. This launched in China a couple months ago.

During the conference call for Lotus Tech earnings, they said there would be a Launch event in September for the start of Eletre deliveries into North America. I would also think the launch of chapman bespoke like @kitkat said makes sense. They also had mentioned creating more variants of Emira to grow profitability. When you look at the V6 base configurator you can definitely see where many customers would appreciate the chapman program. Any color, carbon bits, seats etc.

Perhaps we won't ever see an Emira "S" or "R" - and all that will only be offered through the bespoke program, including power upgrades? Would certainly be cool...

Hmm, could be... but I think it's more like this.
IMG_1071.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpeg
    IMG_1070.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 13
Lotus branded tube socks. The hand is about to "grab life by the ankles" and pull on some light weight socks.
First you bootstrap things, then put your best foot foward with heel and toe technique.

In all seriousness there's a big US dealer meeting the same day -- it's most likely the US launch of the Emira Bespoke Chapman program in the USA. This launched in China a couple months ago.

This is my guess too. If so, I hope Lotus Philly calls me to configure my neon green Emira R. 😎

First Edition 3.0 and bankruptcy predictions made me laugh though. 😂

This is my guess too. If so, I hope Lotus Philly calls me to configure my neon green Emira R. 😎

First Edition 3.0 and bankruptcy predictions made me laugh though. 😂
If this launched in China already is there a list of products being offered even if they are priced in Chinese Yuan?

Thinking about this if there is an office body kit in carbon what will this do for the likes of CT Customs and other aftermarket suppliers? Will it devalue the cars prices with non OEM parts as it will surely add to the price with the official parts fitted.
Also we know they will be expensive but surely they will be aero tested parts like JUBU which are already expensive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907_035007_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_035007_Chrome.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 20
On the one hand it makes sense "it all led to this". On the other hand, unless the electric cayman is a blockbuster, my hopes are not high for the type 135.
The Type 135 is already done. Over a year ago Matt Windle said he'd seen it and it was impressive, so it's at least designed.

Based on the teaser image of what looks like the hand of a statue though, to me that looks like it would indicate something to do with Colin Chapman. I'm sure they've been paying attention to how many people are modding their Emiras, especially here in the states, so maybe it's an announcement of the bespoke division officially having factory approved options available. Or it could have something to do with Formula 1?

Or it could have something to do with Formula 1?

I wish! They don't have the money for a F1 team though. They can't even send production email updates to individual buyers.. How are they gonna organize a race team? :LOL:

I wish! They don't have the money for a F1 team though. They can't even send production email updates to individual buyers.. How are they gonna organize a race team? :LOL:
Is anyone suggesting the recent Lotus financial results permit a F1 foray?