• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What is coming 16.09.24??

The weight of the Tesla Roadster that was built on the Elise platform nearly 20 years ago was around 2700 lbs., with a range of about 225 miles.

As an enthusiast, I’m more interested in a low content, sub-3000 lbs, two-seater, that may be quickly charged. I couldn’t care less about range, so long as I get 150 miles per charge. Tesla accomplished this almost 20 years ago, and I would love for Lotus to focus on a modern iteration. The increase in weight due to additional safety features required in global markets could possibly be offset by reducing the tech content and solid state batteries.
They tried to build it on the Elise platform, it failed. The roadster was ground up with inspiration from Lotus. The chassis can’t handle the configuration of an electric.

Considering how the whole industry has taken a big reality check with regards to EV, and all the big manufacturers are either scaling back or putting their EV production on hold (like Ford), thing's may have changed. Geely has announced a change of plans for Volvo EV cars, so they've gotten the message too. Everybody seems to be going hybrid now for the most part, which only makes sense. Maybe they've changed the plans for the Type 135 to at least show what it looks like, and possibly move to a hybrid. Calling it the "Vision" doesn't imply a ready to go into production car.

Since Carr's team did the design, it should at least be good looking.

Considering how the whole industry has taken a big reality check with regards to EV, and all the big manufacturers are either scaling back or putting their EV production on hold (like Ford), thing's may have changed. Geely has announced a change of plans for Volvo EV cars, so they've gotten the message too. Everybody seems to be going hybrid now for the most part, which only makes sense. Maybe they've changed the plans for the Type 135 to at least show what it looks like, and possibly move to a hybrid. Calling it the "Vision" doesn't imply a ready to go into production car.

Since Carr's team did the design, it should at least be good looking.
Did Carr’s team do the suv?

I think we're getting a preview of the 135. I've seen enough. Yes they delayed the 135 by a year but they also said they'd show us something this year.

So I think it's a "concept" instead of the production intent, but it's clearly an EV sports car, and there is only one EV sports car still on the road map - the 135.

So call it "Theory 1" or whatever, it's a preview of 135. The remaining question is whether it'll be a design study or a true preview of intent.

Also it appears there is a screen on the fender akin to the HiPhi Z https://images.app.goo.gl/g6n1gX3PusR8YRdA6

I guess that's another way to add lightness.

I wonder if their marketing team ever hit their bonuses? 😂

This isn’t rocket science, if I were Lotus I’d bring out an R with 440hp, carbon body kit and wing, lightweight seats, coil overs and a £20k price increase.
Due to all the delays and problems I’d make all parts available separately if fitted through the dealer network. Job done.

One thing they haven’t done that would help them understand their customers is to send out a survey form to find out the good, bad and ugly to improve things. No better reality check than real feedback as opposed to just reading complaints from owners who have gone past the point of raging. It works for big businesses. 🤷🏻

Last edited:
I think we're getting a preview of the 135. I've seen enough. Yes they delayed the 135 by a year but they also said they'd show us something this year.

So I think it's a "concept" instead of the production intent, but it's clearly an EV sports car, and there is only one EV sports car still on the road map - the 135.

So call it "Theory 1" or whatever, it's a preview of 135. The remaining question is whether it'll be a design study or a true preview of intent.

Also it appears there is a screen on the fender akin to the HiPhi Z https://images.app.goo.gl/g6n1gX3PusR8YRdA6

I guess that's another way to add lightness.
Lotus 135 ???
lotus-type-135-v0-lntpj8h0v8xc1.png

Just prepare to be disappointed lol. Dont expect anything budget or to cost reasonable. Economy is in the shit and they gotta make money. And they had better be making it out of the Hethel factory to avoid the tarrifs, and the Hethel factory already has a proven track record of messing things up.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back